Some famous writer guy said "To sleep, perchance to dream - aye there's the rub". For certain, these jammies won't rub you the wrong way. Stitch them up in super soft cotton and you'll be ensconced in dreamy softness. The pattern for these pj's is multi-sized, with a elastic waistband and accentuated at the sleeves, ankles, and neckline with stretch cotton bands.
Stitch these up for a family member (who remembers getting pj's from grandma?!) or make them for yourself. As a gift or for yourself these fetching jammies are as charming as they are functional. This pattern is now available at shopsewitll.com!
Get your copy of the Jan/Feb 2015 issue here and get all the instructions and how-tos.
Click the links below for...
e-Pattern tutorial for printing and working with e-Patterns.
e-Patterns print out guide
Purchase the Pattern Here
The free offer for the Over the Moon pajamas patter has expired on 1/31/2015. Please head to shopsewitall.com to purchase the pattern.
Create a matching pajama set for a kiddo.
- Select a pair of knit leggings that fits the child. Fold the leggings in half lengthwise, matching the side seams, inseam, crotch and upper and lower edges. Lay the leggings flat on a piece of pattern or tissue paper. Pin or use pattern weights to secure the leggings along the right edge of the paper, with the side seams toward the center. Trace the perimeter.
- Unpin, and then remove the leggings. Fold the pattern along the traced side seam. Using a tracing wheel, trace the leggings perimeter to create a full pattern. Unfold the pattern and add a 1/4" seam allowance to the waistline, crotch, inseam and lower edges.
- Select a long sleeve knit shirt that fits the child. Fold the shirt in half lengthwise, matching the side seams, sleeves and upper and lower edges. Lay the shirt flat on pattern or tissue paper. Pin or use pattern weights to secure the shirt, and then trace the perimeter.
- Unpin, and then remove the shirt. Add a 1/4" seam allowance to the neckline, sleeve lower edge, sleeve underarm, side seam and lower edge.
- Measure the neckline, waistline and sleeve and legging lower edge; record each measurement. Divide each measurement by two thirds to determine the ribbing length measurement.
- From the ribbing, cut two rectangles measuring 6"x the recorded ribbing length for the sleeve and legging cuffs. Cut one rectangle measuring 3 1/4"x the recorded ribbing length for the waistband and one rectangle measuring 1 1/4"x the recorded ribbing length for the neckband.
- Construct the pajamas according to the instructions in "Over the Moon."