Have twice the fun with two purses in one. Turn the purse inside out and vice versa to change the look quickly and easily.
YOU WILL NEED:
Use 1/2" seam allowances.
1. Download the Reversible Purse pattern. Using the pattern, cut two purses from each fabric.
2. Place one pair of purse pieces on a flat work surface with right sides facing and edges and corners aligned. Stitch the purse pieces together along the upper edge; press open the seam. Stitch the side edges independently; press open (A). Repeat to stitch the second pair of purse sections together.
3. Stitch the lower edges independently, leaving a 5* opening along one lower-edge center for turning (B). Press open the seams.
4. With right sides facing, place one purse section inside the other, aligning all edges. Pin around the outer edge (C); stitch, and then press open the seam.
5. Turn the purse right side out through the opening; press.
6. Push one purse section inside the other with wrong sides facing so the opening along one lower edge is exposed (D). Topstitch the outer edge.
7. Slipstitch the opening closed. Fold the purse along the upper-edge seam and insert the hand-stitched edge into the opposite lower edge (E).
8. Hand stitch each diagonal edge for 5*, beginning at the outer-edge corner (F). Catch only the outer fabric in the stitching so it doesn't show through on the reverse side. Stitch a button at the corner. Turn the purse inside out, and repeat to stitch the diagonal edges and corner button.
Fabric.com provided the Amy Butler Belle fabric.
|You might also like...|
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|