Create a pair of lightweight summer pajamas in a pretty crêpe de chine.
There is nothing like a set of nice, light, comfy pajamas to lounge around in on a hot summer night. The problem, though, is that sometimes the light, breezy fabric you want to use can be tricky to sew. We've got you covered. In this article, you'll learn:
- How to cut, sew & hem lightweight fabrics
- The best way to work with bias-cut lightweight fabric
- How to stitch a French seam along the crotch
- How to create a drawstring opening on a very fine, non-interfaced waistband.
Download the pattern here to get started and find all the instructions in the lastest Sew News magazine. This freebie will expire on July 31 after that please head to shopsewitall.com to purchase.
Be sure to check out the great articles, expert how-tos and fun projects in the newest issue of Sew News Jun/July 2017.
- Read the fascinating interview with Master Embroiderer Michele Garragher part of the amazing costume team for Game of Thrones.
- 2 sew alongs this issue! Sew Along with Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness (May 16) and Megan Nielsen of Megan Nielsen Patterns (June 13).
- Head on over to the Sew News Blog!
- 3 free patterns!
- Learn more about the fabulous Michelle Morris of That Black Chic!
- Check out Curve Appeal, a column for curvy & plus size sewing.
- Find out what draping is
- and so much more!
In Shopsewitall.com and on newsstands now.
Purchase the print issue
Purchase the digital issue
Subscription offer: Print