Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preivew
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: August 2009
I really love finding new online sewing resources. Our friends at Coats & Clark have started a cool blog, Sewing Secrets, that features handy sewing information as well as fun project ideas and tutorials. C&C boasts an impressive 90 year … Continue reading
Hurray! The October/November ’09 Sew News will be arriving in a mailbox or on a newsstand near you very soon. One of our favorite contributors, Stacy Schlyer of stacysews.com, created the Candy Cauldron project featured on the cover. I think … Continue reading
August seems to have so many birthdays. As our little gift to you, there’s free shipping in the store until tomorrow.Just enter the code FREE-SHIP-OFFR at checkout. With all these birthdays, I’ve been busy making a few little gifts. Last … Continue reading
It’s taken me a while to organize my photos from the American Sewing Guild Conference, which took place July 16 to 18 in Albuquerque. There was so much to do and I wanted to share it all with you, so … Continue reading
Last Friday was my good friend Katie’s birthday and, in addition to a pretty bottle of pink champagne, I wanted to give her something handmade. Lately I’ve been noticing some sewers, including fabric designer Denyse Schmidt, doing very cool things … Continue reading
If you’re ever wondering whether a store bought present or handmade gift is better, I guarantee handmade will always win. Last night was my friend’s wedding. She really wanted a heart-shaped ring bearer pillow. It was sort of a last … Continue reading