Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Ginger Jean Sew Along: Week 2 Construction
- Week 2 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Fitting Issues
- Departure Shift Dress Hack
- Sewing Room Nightmares: What’s Your Space Look Like? + Enter Into A Giveaway!
- Week 1 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Pattern Prep & Fabric Choices
- Ginger Jeans Sew Along Starts Now! Shopping List & Prep Work
- How To Sew Leggings
- Today’s To-Do: Resurrect Those Sewing Resolutions!
- Oceanside Outfits + Easy Pants Sewing Project = Easy Style
- Technique in Focus: Flat-Fell Seams
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: August 2009
I really love finding new online sewing resources. Our friends at Coats & Clark have started a cool blog, Sewing Secrets, that features handy sewing information as well as fun project ideas and tutorials. C&C boasts an impressive 90 year … Continue reading
Hurray! The October/November ’09 Sew News will be arriving in a mailbox or on a newsstand near you very soon. One of our favorite contributors, Stacy Schlyer of stacysews.com, created the Candy Cauldron project featured on the cover. I think … Continue reading
August seems to have so many birthdays. As our little gift to you, there’s free shipping in the store until tomorrow.Just enter the code FREE-SHIP-OFFR at checkout. With all these birthdays, I’ve been busy making a few little gifts. Last … Continue reading
It’s taken me a while to organize my photos from the American Sewing Guild Conference, which took place July 16 to 18 in Albuquerque. There was so much to do and I wanted to share it all with you, so … Continue reading
Last Friday was my good friend Katie’s birthday and, in addition to a pretty bottle of pink champagne, I wanted to give her something handmade. Lately I’ve been noticing some sewers, including fabric designer Denyse Schmidt, doing very cool things … Continue reading
If you’re ever wondering whether a store bought present or handmade gift is better, I guarantee handmade will always win. Last night was my friend’s wedding. She really wanted a heart-shaped ring bearer pillow. It was sort of a last … Continue reading