Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
- Weekender Sew Along Starts Now! Prep & Supplies List
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: September 2009
I think that handmade gifts are always the most special. While fabric and thread have always been my medium, my sister Wendy is a whiz with yarn and a crochet hook. She’s also very good at planning ahead. Last year, … Continue reading
I vowed to get a head start on my Halloween costume this year, and here I am on September 23 with NO ideas! I’ve searched and searched…do I come up with a couples costume and make my husband join in … Continue reading
So last Thursday was Pam’s second sewing “lesson,” which coincided very nicely with Project Runway (BTW–I was really happy to finally see a more interesting challenge on PR. So far, the challenges have been sort of a yawn. I think … Continue reading
In case you need another reason to get stitching, September is officially National Sewing Month! This year, the Sewing & Craft Alliance and the American Sewing Guild are hosting a special NSM contest centered on the theme “Reuse, Remake, Recycle.” … Continue reading
Last night I went to the Sewing 101 class. I arrived at JoAnn 30 minutes early so I could purchase the class supplies (1 yard of fabric and 1/2 yard of fusible interfacing). I went to the classroom and sat … Continue reading