I think that handmade gifts are always the most special. While fabric and thread have always been my medium, my sister Wendy is a whiz with yarn and a crochet hook. She’s also very good at planning ahead. Last year, she mysteriously asked me in early October if I preferred orange or navy blue. I chose orange and quickly forgot about it, but I was delighted when she presented me with a beautiful sunset-orange scarf on Christmas morning. This year I plan to follow Wendy’s example and get a head start on the presents I want to make in time for the big 12/25. Here at Sew News, we want to help you get a jump on the Holiday season too, so we’re offering a very special Buy One, Get One 50% off discount on our ’06 and ’07 Holiday issues. These issues are packed with great gift and decorating ideas and each includes a huge full-size pattern insert. But hurry–this exclusive web offer expires October 9th! Happy holiday sewing!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Week 2 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Fitting Issues
- Departure Shift Dress Hack
- Sewing Room Nightmares: What’s Your Space Look Like? + Enter Into A Giveaway!
- Week 1 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Pattern Prep & Fabric Choices
- Ginger Jeans Sew Along Starts Now! Shopping List & Prep Work
- How To Sew Leggings
- Today’s To-Do: Resurrect Those Sewing Resolutions!
- Oceanside Outfits + Easy Pants Sewing Project = Easy Style
- Technique in Focus: Flat-Fell Seams
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Up
Read From Our Archives