I think that handmade gifts are always the most special. While fabric and thread have always been my medium, my sister Wendy is a whiz with yarn and a crochet hook. She’s also very good at planning ahead. Last year, she mysteriously asked me in early October if I preferred orange or navy blue. I chose orange and quickly forgot about it, but I was delighted when she presented me with a beautiful sunset-orange scarf on Christmas morning. This year I plan to follow Wendy’s example and get a head start on the presents I want to make in time for the big 12/25. Here at Sew News, we want to help you get a jump on the Holiday season too, so we’re offering a very special Buy One, Get One 50% off discount on our ’06 and ’07 Holiday issues. These issues are packed with great gift and decorating ideas and each includes a huge full-size pattern insert. But hurry–this exclusive web offer expires October 9th! Happy holiday sewing!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives