I think that handmade gifts are always the most special. While fabric and thread have always been my medium, my sister Wendy is a whiz with yarn and a crochet hook. She’s also very good at planning ahead. Last year, she mysteriously asked me in early October if I preferred orange or navy blue. I chose orange and quickly forgot about it, but I was delighted when she presented me with a beautiful sunset-orange scarf on Christmas morning. This year I plan to follow Wendy’s example and get a head start on the presents I want to make in time for the big 12/25. Here at Sew News, we want to help you get a jump on the Holiday season too, so we’re offering a very special Buy One, Get One 50% off discount on our ’06 and ’07 Holiday issues. These issues are packed with great gift and decorating ideas and each includes a huge full-size pattern insert. But hurry–this exclusive web offer expires October 9th! Happy holiday sewing!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Tips For Working With Knits
- Pepernoot Coat Sew Along: Finishing Details
- Would You Sew A 1000 Dresses?
Read From Our Archives