I think that handmade gifts are always the most special. While fabric and thread have always been my medium, my sister Wendy is a whiz with yarn and a crochet hook. She’s also very good at planning ahead. Last year, she mysteriously asked me in early October if I preferred orange or navy blue. I chose orange and quickly forgot about it, but I was delighted when she presented me with a beautiful sunset-orange scarf on Christmas morning. This year I plan to follow Wendy’s example and get a head start on the presents I want to make in time for the big 12/25. Here at Sew News, we want to help you get a jump on the Holiday season too, so we’re offering a very special Buy One, Get One 50% off discount on our ’06 and ’07 Holiday issues. These issues are packed with great gift and decorating ideas and each includes a huge full-size pattern insert. But hurry–this exclusive web offer expires October 9th! Happy holiday sewing!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Read Katrina’s Top 5 Tips For Sewing Knits (Without a Serger!)
- How To Achieve Great Fitting Garments At Any Age
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 5 Preview
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 3: Construction
- Common Threads 2016
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 2: Sewing With Spandex Fabrics
Read From Our Archives