Did you ever make friendship bracelets for your pals in elementary school? I remember riding my bike to Hobby Lobby during the summer to pick out embroidery floss colors and then learning new knots and designs from my friends in the neighborhood. We’d end up with a ridiculous amount of bracelets stacked on our wrists and ankles by the time school was starting again. Well, it looks like these fun little buddy bracelets are making a comeback! In step with the Spring 2o10 trend of multiple mismatched bracelets, we’re seeing expensive designer versions of these knotted and woven beauties. But why spend $180 when you can make your own? If you need to brush up on your bracelet-making skills, DMC’s Crafty Kristin has just the tutorial video for you. And while you’re there, don’t miss the chance to learn the basics of hand embroidery and cross stitch. Fun!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- HOME DECORATING MADE EASY WITH PAM DAMOUR
- Sew for Summer: June/July Sew News Preview
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
Read From Our Archives