Did you ever make friendship bracelets for your pals in elementary school? I remember riding my bike to Hobby Lobby during the summer to pick out embroidery floss colors and then learning new knots and designs from my friends in the neighborhood. We’d end up with a ridiculous amount of bracelets stacked on our wrists and ankles by the time school was starting again. Well, it looks like these fun little buddy bracelets are making a comeback! In step with the Spring 2o10 trend of multiple mismatched bracelets, we’re seeing expensive designer versions of these knotted and woven beauties. But why spend $180 when you can make your own? If you need to brush up on your bracelet-making skills, DMC’s Crafty Kristin has just the tutorial video for you. And while you’re there, don’t miss the chance to learn the basics of hand embroidery and cross stitch. Fun!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Masterclass Mini-Tutorial: Draft Your Own Fly-Front Zipper
- Clare Coat Sew Along, Week 1: Choosing Wool Coating
- Sew Along with Sew News 2017
- STAR WARS: Storytelling Through Costume
- And the winner of the Signature Bags giveaway is…
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 3 Finishing Details
- Check Out Our New Issue! Plus Freebies!
- Giveaway: Signature Bags by Michelle Golightly
- (Sewing) Year in Review + Goals for 2017!
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 2 Construction + Pocket Details
Read From Our Archives