Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: June 2010
I was lucky enough to spend last Friday and Saturday having a crafty and creative great time at Brini Maxwell’s Crafts for the Masses: Tassel and Pom-Pom-athon, a fantastic event hosted by the Denver Public Library’s Fresh City Life program … Continue reading
Comment on today’s blog post for the chance to win Sue Hausmann’s Happy Sewing embroidery design collection from Cactus Punch! The CD includes 17 designs along with a free project, color chart and special instructions–what a value! Let us know … Continue reading
If you’re considering investing in a new machine, Bernina is now offering a cool way to try before you buy. Experience the top-of-the-line 8 Series on a brand new interactive Web site that includes a downloadable machine simulator, video demonstrations, … Continue reading
We need your help! Operation Orphan Education is Sew News’ charitable effort for 2010. We teamed up with American Friends of Cecily’s Fund, and we’re excited for all our readers to get involved. American Friends of Cecily’s Fund (AFCF) is … Continue reading
Have you taken an ordinary item, such as a kitchen towel, handkerchief or T-shirt, and repurposed it into something fabulous using your sewing talents? Comment below and tell us what you recycled and what you made! One random winner will … Continue reading
Exciting news from Rowenta! They’ve just launched a new sewing and crafting Web site called Craft Lab in partnership with renowned designer Lotta Jansdotter. The site features a variety of tips, ideas and projects inspired by Lotta’s beautiful modern aesthetic. … Continue reading