Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Tips For Working With Knits
- Pepernoot Coat Sew Along: Finishing Details
- Would You Sew A 1000 Dresses?
- Visual Dictionary: 6 Different Stitches For Your Serger
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Our sister publication, Paper Crafts, has a fantastically inspirational blog called Moxie Fab World hosted by creative editor Cath Edvalson, that highlights all of the latest and greatest trends in paper crafting. I love finding new ideas in art, fashion … Continue reading
Whether or not you’re a semi-obsessed fan (like me!) of AMC’s ’6os-era drama Mad Men, the show has definitely started influencing the fashion world with its glamorous period costumes. Last night was the premiere of Season 4, so my friend … Continue reading
How often do you find time to sew for yourself? Usually I find myself making something for a birthday, baby shower, wedding or other upcoming occasion. Even when I come across fabric that I’d love to turn into something to … Continue reading
Check out this exciting opportunity to refresh and enhance your sewing skills. Coming soon to a Husqvarna Viking dealer near you is Sew Trendy Techniques, a 6-hour class designed to show you how you can use your sewing machine to … Continue reading
Set your TiVo and cheer on Colorado’s own designer, Mondo Guerra, as he takes on the fashion world in season 8 of Project Runway, premiering July 29 on Lifetime. I realize many of you aren’t from Colorado, but for us … Continue reading
This week, Kari, Colleen, Kim and I are attending the Rocky Mountain Sewing Expo here in Denver. Here’s Colleen (right) and me getting ready for a stitch-filled day at the RMSE in February: Sewing shows are a fun way to … Continue reading