Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sundress Week: Jill’s Recommendations
- Sundress Week: Pattern Picks from BurdaStyle
- Travel Trio Sew Along, week 2: Self-Lining for Reversible Garments
- Sundress Week: Isla Dress Pattern by Made by Rae
- Sundress Week: Josie Dress by Christine Haynes for Sew News
- Creating Couture Embellishment: A Review & Giveaway
- Our Favorite Sundresses Of The Season!
- Favorite Wrap Dress Patterns
- Travel Trio Sew Along, Week 1: Tips for Working with Knit Fabrics
- Summer Sewing Inspiration is Here!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Our sister publication, Paper Crafts, has a fantastically inspirational blog called Moxie Fab World hosted by creative editor Cath Edvalson, that highlights all of the latest and greatest trends in paper crafting. I love finding new ideas in art, fashion … Continue reading
Whether or not you’re a semi-obsessed fan (like me!) of AMC’s ’6os-era drama Mad Men, the show has definitely started influencing the fashion world with its glamorous period costumes. Last night was the premiere of Season 4, so my friend … Continue reading
Check out this exciting opportunity to refresh and enhance your sewing skills. Coming soon to a Husqvarna Viking dealer near you is Sew Trendy Techniques, a 6-hour class designed to show you how you can use your sewing machine to … Continue reading
Set your TiVo and cheer on Colorado’s own designer, Mondo Guerra, as he takes on the fashion world in season 8 of Project Runway, premiering July 29 on Lifetime. I realize many of you aren’t from Colorado, but for us … Continue reading
This week, Kari, Colleen, Kim and I are attending the Rocky Mountain Sewing Expo here in Denver. Here’s Colleen (right) and me getting ready for a stitch-filled day at the RMSE in February: Sewing shows are a fun way to … Continue reading
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! To me, it means beautiful weather, family, friends, camping, relaxing, fireworks, baseball games, cookouts, and celebrating the Declaration of Independence. We live in a great country! What are your holiday … Continue reading