Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sew for Summer: June/July Sew News Preview
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: August 2010
We’ve had a great response to our “Fit: The Classics” column in 2010, where we’ve been highlighting our favorite fit articles from Sew News’ 30-year history. Despite the fact that we’ve (thankfully!) moved on from enormous shoulder pads and other … Continue reading
Check out this slide show and let us know what you think about the ’50s-inspired fashion! I love the skirt length—classic and stylish. The tortoise glasses with the silk lace are a little… different. But I like the earrings. It says “Price Upon … Continue reading
I recently traveled to HOT-lanta, GA, to attend the annual American Sewing Guild Conference. It’s always so inspiring to meet fellow ASG members, watch the great fashion shows and attend classes from great teachers. Do ants have some kind of … Continue reading
Check out this truly inspirational sewing story. Rather than get discouraged when she got laid off last year, Marisa Lynch did what so many of us do in trying times: She turned to her sewing machine! Marisa challenged herself to … Continue reading
The Sewing Idol contest is going strong! We’ve received more than 50 amazingly heartwarming essays and over 56,000 votes! There’s only one month left to vote or nominate a sewing buddy, so read the entries, choose your favorite, and then … Continue reading
I’m back in the office after attending the CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) SuperShow in Rosemont, IL. I was stationed at the National Sewing Council booth and had a great time making projects all weekend! Remember my T-shirt makeovers post? … Continue reading