Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- T-shirt Pattern Review: Lane Raglan by Hey June Handmade
- New Issue Of Sew News! Summer Sewing At It’s Best!
- T-Shirt Pattern Review: Gina Renee Designs Flared Tee Shirt
- How To Sew Knits: Top Tips
- Sewing with Knits: Understanding Negative Ease
- Mother’s Day Gift of a Lifetime!
- And the Winner of the Coloring with Thread Giveaway Is…
- T-Shirt Sewing Pattern Review: Inari Tee by Named Clothing
- Giveaway: Coloring with Thread by Tula Pink
- It’s T-Shirt Month!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: August 2010
We’ve had a great response to our “Fit: The Classics” column in 2010, where we’ve been highlighting our favorite fit articles from Sew News’ 30-year history. Despite the fact that we’ve (thankfully!) moved on from enormous shoulder pads and other … Continue reading
Check out this slide show and let us know what you think about the ’50s-inspired fashion! I love the skirt length—classic and stylish. The tortoise glasses with the silk lace are a little… different. But I like the earrings. It says “Price Upon … Continue reading
I recently traveled to HOT-lanta, GA, to attend the annual American Sewing Guild Conference. It’s always so inspiring to meet fellow ASG members, watch the great fashion shows and attend classes from great teachers. Do ants have some kind of … Continue reading
Check out this truly inspirational sewing story. Rather than get discouraged when she got laid off last year, Marisa Lynch did what so many of us do in trying times: She turned to her sewing machine! Marisa challenged herself to … Continue reading
The Sewing Idol contest is going strong! We’ve received more than 50 amazingly heartwarming essays and over 56,000 votes! There’s only one month left to vote or nominate a sewing buddy, so read the entries, choose your favorite, and then … Continue reading
I’m back in the office after attending the CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) SuperShow in Rosemont, IL. I was stationed at the National Sewing Council booth and had a great time making projects all weekend! Remember my T-shirt makeovers post? … Continue reading