Are you looking for ways to update your fall wardrobe? The latest issue of Sew News has tons of great ideas, including the cool dolman sleeve top featured in “Mod-ification Made Easy,” which you can quickly create by altering a basic T-shirt pattern. One of my favorite things about this project is that it’s made from soft and drapey sweater knit fabric, which makes it a bit more special than a basic long-sleeve top. However, high-quality sweater knit yardage can sometimes be hard to locate. Check out these 6 online sources for fashionable and unique sweater-knit fabrics, and share photos of your finished creations on our Facebook wall! And if you know of any other knit sources, be sure to add them in the comments section below.
- Fabric.com: Lots of wool and wool-blend knits in various textures, weights and stripes.
- Gorgeous Fabrics: Chic and beautiful Italian knits in yummy colors.
- Emma One Sock: A variety of high-quality designer sweater knits, including some with cool embellishments.
- Hart’s Fabric: Soft stretch sweater knits in both trendy and classic fall colors.
- Fashion Fabrics Club: Tons of choices, including boucle knits, rib knits and mohair blends.
- Vogue Fabrics: A few fun choices, including boucle and pretty crocheted yardage.
If you’ve never sewn a sweater knit, don’t worry! The article also includes lots of helpful tips for stitching success, with or without using a serger.