Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Read Katrina’s Top 5 Tips For Sewing Knits (Without a Serger!)
- How To Achieve Great Fitting Garments At Any Age
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 5 Preview
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 3: Construction
- Common Threads 2016
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 2: Sewing With Spandex Fabrics
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Happy Free Stuff Friday! In honor of the spooky holiday weekend, we’re giving away a copy of Me Make Monster! A Mish Mash of Monstercraft by Jenny Harada. This super cute book features step-by-step instructions to make 18 adorable little … Continue reading
Treva! Congratulations! She won the Project Runway Fashion Design Figure Drawing Set for her great answer on our blog. We asked: What sewing advice would you give to the next generation of sewists? Any words of wisdom? Lessons you’ve learned the … Continue reading
Do you know a budding designer? Or are you one yourself? In this installment of Free Stuff Friday, you could win a Project Runway Fashion Design Figure Drawing Set, courtesy of Fashion Angels and Simplicity. (MSRP: $30) The kit comes with … Continue reading
Yesterday I found out that Marie Osmond’s new sewing book, Marie Osmond’s Heartfelt Giving: Sew and Quilt for Family and Friends, will be out Nov.9. From the sneek peak on Amazon, it looks like it includes some really cute ideas. … Continue reading
We have a winner! Congratulations to Susan! Her response was randomly selected from the responses we received on our Free Stuff Friday blog. She won a copy of Quick and Easy Pillows & Cushions: 50 Step-By-Step Projects edited by Alison Wormleighton. … Continue reading
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve… So many fun holidays are right around the corner! TELL US! What holiday or special occasion (birthday, wedding, anniversary, etc.) gets your sewing juices flowing? And what do you like to make? From … Continue reading
This has been one of the most compelling and emotionally tumultuous seasons of Project Runway. In last night’s episode, we found out who would be awarded the chance to create collections for Fashion Week. Mayor Bloomberg announced that the challenge … Continue reading