Celebrating with Project Runway’s Mondo & Michael C. (Spoilers Ahead!)

Since the beginning of Project Runway Season 8, Mondo Guerra has been our favorite contestant here at Sew News, and not just because he is our very own Denver hometown hero! Here I am with him, having tons of fun at the Beauty Bar Denver viewing party for Episode 3:

mondo Celebrating with Project Runways Mondo & Michael C. (Spoilers Ahead!)

Now Mondo’s making history, having handily won three consecutive challenges including last night’s–a PR first! His amazing ability to mix colors, prints and fabrics in riotously beautiful way, in combination with his obviously excellent sewing chops, made him stand out very early in the game. Last night’s episode definitely showcased that, but also brought to light Mondo’s courageous spirit, as he revealed the long-held secret of his HIV-positive status through the plus-sign motif in his winning fabric print:

mondo Celebrating with Project Runways Mondo & Michael C. (Spoilers Ahead!)

Mondo’s Winning Ensemble. Check out the impeccably matched print along the center-front seam! Photo courtesy of mylifetime.com.

I actually had the pleasure of watching the episode in the company of hundreds of Denver PR fanatics–not to mention the winner himself–as Mondo and fellow PR competitor Michael C. hosted a fabulous viewing party and auction at Beauty Bar to benefit the Colorado AIDS Project and Rainbow Alley. There was not a dry eye in the house as Mondo’s victory was announced, and the collective feeling of love, support and joy throughout the room was truly amazing. No matter the final outcome of the show, Mondo has already touched countless lives through his bravery and ability to turn something so potentially devastating into something so inspiring and life-affirming. Stay tuned for tons of pictures and video clips of the event, as well as an exclusive Q&A with Mondo!

10 Responses to Celebrating with Project Runway’s Mondo & Michael C. (Spoilers Ahead!)

1. klee says:

Team Mondo!

2. Amy says:

Hello. Is there anyway to get a scarf made from Mondo’s signature fabric? I just love the design and it would make a great pop of color with my wardrobe.
    I love all his designs. Truly Talented!

3. Pingback: Project Runway Final 4: Who’s Your Favorite? | Sew News

4. Annie says:

I would klike to know how to mak the fringed scarves that mondo has worn. what fabric? is it a single layer triangle>?

5. Bambi Charboneau says:

I would pay almost anything for a mondo print scarf!

6. Pingback: Step Right Up! Frock Out 2010 | Sew News

7. B2C says:

It is the best time to make a few plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I could I desire to suggest you some fascinating things or suggestions. Maybe you could write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to learn even more issues approximately it!

8. Pingback: Check out the Forever Darling/Project Runway Fashion Show at the Denver Art Museum! | Sew News

9. mobile games says:

I have been surfing online more than three hours lately, but I never found
    any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s pretty value sufficient for
    me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be
    a lot more helpful than ever before.

10. I’ve been browsing online greater than three hours today, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like
    yours. It’s beautiful value enough for me. Personally, if
    all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you did, the net can be a lot more useful
    than ever before.

Have a look at my blog post: telecharger subway surfers