Free Stuff Friday!

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve… So many fun holidays are right around the corner!

TELL US! What holiday or special occasion (birthday, wedding, anniversary, etc.) gets your sewing juices flowing? And what do you like to make?

From the answers, one winner will be randomly selected to win Quick and Easy Pillows & Cushions: 50 Step-By-Step Projects edited by Alison Wormleighton. MSRP: $24.95

1907030638 02 LZZZZZZZ 231x300 Free Stuff Friday!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

71 Responses to Free Stuff Friday!

1. Sheri Schoenebeck says:

Christmas–I like sewing little gifts for nieces and nephews.

2. Gail Banks says:

I do love to make my Grandkids their Halloween costumes but I do alot more sewing at Christmas. I like to give useful, handmade gifts at Christmas. PJs for the Grandkids and pretty tissue boxes for the adults. I am making a Adult bib as a gag gift for my grown messy boyfriend!!

3. D. Thomas says:

Christmas for decorating and for gifts.

4. Michelle says:

The first thing that got me started was a new child (blankeys, crib set, clothes) then it was the holidays to do Halloween Costumes then Christmas presents !!

5. sandra biederman says:

Halloween is the kick off of the sewing season for me.. Halloween costumes, fall decor and quilts, christmas gifts.. I just love the fall the crisp air gets my creative sap moving.

6. lloydine greschaw says:

7. lloydine greschaw says:

i love to do christmas, its so exciting making evething and for the family doll dressess and dress for the girls to match just love everthing about it.their is one thing my grandson died 3yrs ago from a stupid game called chocking game . i would like to warn all parents , talk to your kids if they say anything about the game or other weird names . and you wont have todo as i do and make gift to go to the cemerty. GOD LOVE US ALL

8. I like sewing Christmas gifts

9. Jennifer Lachman says:

I love makeing Christmas Dresses for my two girls.

10. Lou says:

I am a holiday junkie!! I decorate for all of them, and have been known to make up a few!! But, I esp. love Thanksgiving, as it seems neglected and where would we be without Christmas and Easter! We love to celebrate and needle arts is one of my ways to do that~xo~

11. Lita Jones says:

My favorite is Christmas. The last few years I have been machine embroidering personalized ornaments for the little kids. In addition to their name and date on one side there is also a snowflake or other winter design.

I also enjoy embroidering kitchen towels for any occasion.

12. Lita Jones says:

I really love sewing charity and this year it is the Linus Projedt

13. CatlynnSews says:

Christmas – I make gifts for everyone. For stocking stuffers this year I am making post-it note holders, notepad covers and beaded initials. For starters my list includes nightgowns for the little ones, fleece scarves with machine embroidery, market/tote bags and dish towels. I try to sew items during the year, but I really get geared up when the weather starts changing.

14. Amy says:

I am a teacher, so I consider the month of July a holiday! I take out the sewing machine and serger and create, create, create. The quiet, the peacefulness and the absolute solitude in creating for myself and my children brings me true pleasure! I like to make clothes for myself, handbags to carry to school, clothes for babies in the family and pajamas for my children….

15. Carla says:

Spring is the time that makes me feel inspired and ready to sew ‘fresh’ new home dec items for use outside or inside over the next few months. Just the like the spring flowers, my sewing also grows into a productive inspiration of fun.

16. Pingback: Free Stuff Friday Winner! | Sew News

17. Colette says:

I LOVE all holidays or for no reason at all to make a gift, crocheting, knitting, sewing, quilting. I love em’ all and the gifts are very much appreciated.

18. Charlotte says:

Nothing is better than getting a new doll (birthday or Christmas) that comes with a special made wardrobe of new clothes. I still have the clothes I made when I was a child and my granddaughter is playing with them now. It is still fun to play dress up!

19. Wanda White says:

The Fall season gets me inspired to sew. When I watch the season change with all of God’s beauty, I am inspired to create and express the joy I have in me. It is the perfect time of year to sew for all the holidays, birthdays, and myself. I like to make quilts for those that are home bound, in nursing care, etc.

20. Heidi says:

Christmas ! I love the colors, decorating, and making little gifts for friends and family.

21. Ruth says:

Birthdays of my grandchildren are best. Then I can focus on something like a quilt that is unique for that child.