MANIC MONDAY!

Due to the holiday, we weren’t able to post a FREE STUFF FRIDAY on Facebook. To make up for it, we’re having MANIC MONDAY today! Comment on this blog post below with an answer to this question: What would make you tune in to a brand new sewing show on PBS?

One random winner will be chosen from the comments below to receive TIDINGS, an Art to Heart project book, featuring 12 fabulous projects from Nancy Halvorsen.

TIDINGS 223x300 MANIC MONDAY!

Thanks for playing and good luck!

70 Responses to MANIC MONDAY!

1. Michelle says:

I’d love to have that… I need a little more help in the creativity dept.!!

2. summer says:

Something contemporary. A piecing method that can be used for quilting bags pillows( not a quilter myself but like to piece bags etc). Fun projects on home organization or easy toys to sew for kids. I am 32 and love to sew unique FUNKY items not the log cabin block or whatever you call that ! :) PBS please call me because I would be a great HOST on a show- Summer

3. Jenifer says:

I would love to see a PBS sewing show that appealed to sewers in various stages of expertise that dabbled in a little bit of everything. This time of year, it’d be great to have some shows dedicated to holiday gift ideas – from last minute and super simple, to more involved and intricate. Ideally, projects for all ages and gender would be showcased. The rest of the year, it’d be fun to do a little bit of everything, including segments that explored different techniques, accessories (i.e., sewing feet, embroidery, etc), and covered all aspects of machine and hand sewing in one form or another. :)

4. Irene says:

Helpful hints, how to use new products. Vary it for clothing from start to finish– choosing fabric, why some fabrics would work and some wouldn’t, etc. Fitting patterns, taking care of fabric, home dec sewing, organizing tips. No quilting or embroidery— there are already specialized shows for that.

5. Linda T says:

Just being on TV would make me watch it. I always learn things and get inspiration from the TV shows. Haven’t seen a sewing show in years. I feel deprived.

6. nel says:

I would love to tune into a new program that showed basic quilting for those of us who have not quilted before.

7. Kay says:

I would love a brand new sewing show! What would make me tune in? Let it be on sewing fun but everyday things that we ALL can accomplish and use in our homes. Please, not another show on embroidery machines as most of us don’t have one nor do we care to invest in one. We just want to add some nice, real things to our homes, whether it be curtains, a simple quilt or an elegant looking but inexpensive covering for an ottoman. Afterall, home is where the heart is and we want it to be a cozy and livable. Also, information on how to get our sewing area organized and then keep it organized withOUT having to buy a bunch of expensive storage units; how to have fun with what we have on hand.

8. Theresa says:

Any sewing I would enjoy watching! Please let it be at least a FULL 30 minutes, or an hour would be wonderful! With the 30 minute show having at least a 5 minute “guest corner” at the end, I feel like I’m just getting into the show and then it’s over. Oh, do keep us posted on when the new show will air. :)

9. Kate says:

There are sewing shows on PBS? We need better advertisements, I think! Give me the time and I’m on it!

10. Laura says:

How about a show with projects for kids, ages 10-14, to sew themselves. Always looking for new ideas to teach kids – especially boys.

11. Candy says:

I love the sewing shows even ones I would never t ry. Like the previous posts, tips to get more use out of our current sewing machine, I have feet I have never taken out of the case. Ideas to make things easier for regular sewing, clothing, quilting home decor and fun re do projects.

12. Ann says:

I want to see new techniques. Great ways to alter clothing. I want to learn how to make items that don’t look ‘homemade’. How to make a few changes to a basic pattern for a new and contemporary look. Details like correct thread & needle info for the fabric I would need to use.

13. Veronica says:

Quick and easy projects!!!

14. Jean Lowenberger says:

Tell, me the day, time and place, and I am there….I have a never ending desire to learn as much as I can sewing related.

15. Jan says:

I would watch a new sewing program on PBS, but lately there isn’t much in that way for my area, which is frustrating. I would love a show that incorporates everything that your magazine does. A little of everything. Not just clothing, quilting, art, etc. but a show that covers it all.

16. Cindy Farmer says:

I would first need to buy a TV! I don’t have one!

17. Beth says:

Congratulations to Margaret F., the winner of TIDINGS, a holiday project book by Nancy Halvorsen. Thanks to all participants!

18. Pat G says:

I like to learn anything new or old regarding sewing. I was away from sewing for many years and I would like to have a renewal course. Some of the programs that are on now, I have seen at least twice before.

19. Rhoda Sheridan says:

I would love to see a show about home decor, specifically curtains, and how to fit different sized windows. I would also love tips on decorating. We move a lot and I’m always lost when it comes to decorating the house.

20. Jean Lowenberger says:

Anything sewing related would catch my eye…since I live in Canada, the toughest detail I would have to work out is finding the channel and making sure I figured out the time difference in order to watch the show.