Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- How To Topstitch – Your Top 10 Tips For Perfect Stitching
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: S6 E 10
- Sketch to Sew: Drawing as Planning with Sienna of Not a Primary Color
- Spring Wardrobe Tips and More in the Sew News April/May issue
- Project Runway All Stars S6: E9 Recap
- Celebrate Barbie’s 59th Birthday – Share Your Stories With Us!
- Easter Dresses to Sew
- Sketch to Sew: Fashion Sketching Tips from Meg Healy of BurdaStyle
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: Mizrahi Madness
- And the winner of the Crafting for Cat Ladies giveaway is…
Read From Our Archives