Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- All Things Fall (sewing!) with the August/September issue of Sew News
- DIY Textiles: Painted Brushstrokes Tips
- And the Winner of the Fat Quarter Home Giveaway Is…
- Fabric Dyeing: Flour Resist Technique – Tips and Tricks
- Tips For Sewing With Spandex Elastane and Lycra
- Giveaway: Fat Quarter Home by Amanda Russell & Juliet Bawden
- UnFinished Objects: Tips For Taming Your UFO Pile
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 3: Armhole Facings and Styling!
- Wardrobe Planning Tips from Rachel Pinheiro
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 2: Side Slit, Tie Band, and Hem
Read From Our Archives