Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Embroidery Hoop Place Cards
- LBD Sewing Pattern Review: Josie Sundress
- Metallic Foil Transfer Pillow Project + Giveaway
- Pajamas To Sew & Give
- 10 Kid Gift Ideas to Spark Sewing Interest
- A Little History On The LBD (Little Black Dress)
- LBD Sewing Pattern Review: Melanie Misses by Modkid
- Mermaid Sequin Fabric & What to do With it
- 24 DAYS OF GIFT GIVING FROM US TO YOU!
- Gifts For People Who Sew
Read From Our Archives