Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Project Runway Recap: S16, E6
- Top Tunic Sewing Patterns
- Kaylee Tunic Sew Along, week 2: Adding Lace Trim
- Project Runway Recap, S16, E5
- Sewing Tip of the Week
- Throwback Thursday 9/14/17 – Sew News Halloweeen Projects From The Past!
- Sew News October/November 2017 Issue
- Kaylee Tunic Sew Along, week 1: Selecting Garment Fabrics
- Sew it All 11: Walking on Sunset Knit Dress Pattern
- Project Runway Week in Review S16, E4
Read From Our Archives