Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
- Weekender Sew Along Starts Now! Prep & Supplies List
Read From Our Archives