Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Easy Sew Holiday Stockings
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
Read From Our Archives