Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sundress Week: Jill’s Recommendations
- Sundress Week: Pattern Picks from BurdaStyle
- Travel Trio Sew Along, week 2: Self-Lining for Reversible Garments
- Sundress Week: Isla Dress Pattern by Made by Rae
- Sundress Week: Josie Dress by Christine Haynes for Sew News
- Creating Couture Embellishment: A Review & Giveaway
- Our Favorite Sundresses Of The Season!
- Favorite Wrap Dress Patterns
- Travel Trio Sew Along, Week 1: Tips for Working with Knit Fabrics
- Summer Sewing Inspiration is Here!
Read From Our Archives