Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Crimson & Clover Train Cases Sew Along, Week 1: Making & Adding Piping
- #memademay2017: Half Way Through!
- Crimson & Clover Sew Along – Postponed Until May 23!
- Learn Appliqué – And Dress Up Any Garment
- Learn Hemstitching For A Vintage Look
- Tips For Using The Rolled Hem Foot
- Sew Along Schedule For May & June 2017
- Sew Along with Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness
- #MeMadeMay2017 Week2: Organization & A Look Back
- #MeMadeMay: Sewing for Myself
Read From Our Archives