Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 3: Construction
- Common Threads 2016
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 2: Sewing With Spandex Fabrics
- 7 Easy Summer Pieces To Add To Your Wardrobe
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 3 Preview
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 1: Fabric Choice & Pattern Elements
- Tell Me Your Bra Wearing Pet Peeves + Enter To Win A Lingerie Project E-book
- Upcoming Webinar: A Bra That Fits with Monica Bravo
- HOME DECORATING MADE EASY WITH PAM DAMOUR
- Sew for Summer: June/July Sew News Preview
Read From Our Archives