Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Off to Italy with Craftours
- Sew a Workwear Capsule – 10 Must-Sew Patterns
- Freebie Friday: Taos Leather Tote Pattern
- And the winner of the Flossie Teacups’ Guide to English Paper Piecing Giveaway is…
- Seasonal Sewing with the October/November issue of Sew News
- Giveaway: Flossie Teacups’ Guide to English Paper Piecing by Florence Knapp
- Serger Seams for Garment Construction (+ FREE PROJECT!)
- Jump Suit Round Up! What’s Your Favorite?
- Fall Sewing – Sew News Lists Their Favorite Fall Picks
- Tea House Dress Sew Along, week 3: Tying Options
Read From Our Archives