Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Wardrobe Planning Tips from Rachel Pinheiro
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 2: Side Slit, Tie Band, and Hem
- Common Threads 2018 Recap
- Summer Fabric Series: Tips for Sewing with Sheers
- Shorts Sewing Pattern Roundup: Our Top Picks
- Tony Award Fashions
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 1: Pattern Prep, Fabric, and Front Band Assembly
- Summer Fabrics Series: How to Sew Gauze Fabric
- Favorite Woven T-shirt Sewing Patterns: Roundup Time!
- June Sew Along Preview: BurdaStyle Cap-Sleeve Wrap Blouse #124
Read From Our Archives