Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Tank Top Pattern Pick–Rumi by Christine Haynes Patterns
- Tank Week: Lago Tank by Itch to Stitch
- Tank Week: Ella Top by Liola Patterns
- Darling Ranges Dress Sew Along, Week 2: Adding Inseam Pockets
- Tank Week: Adventure Tank by Fancy Tiger Crafts
- Tank Week: Willow Tank by Grainline Studio
- Tank Week is here!
- Darling Ranges Dress Sew Along, Week 1: Setting Sleeves
- Tony Awards Best Dressed 2017
- Crimson & Clover Train Cases Sew Along, Week 3: Attaching the Lid
Read From Our Archives