Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Want to go to Italy?
- Emerson Crop Pants Sew Along, Week 2: Assembly Tips
- 6 Spring Trends to Sew
- Trading Spaces is Back Episode 1 Recap
- Emerson Crop Pants Sew Along, Week 1: Pattern Prep, Pleats & Pockets
- Project Runway All Stars S6, E13: Finale Recap
- Sketch to Sew: Using a Bullet Journal with Ho Mei of Arrow Mountain
- Styling Ideas for Wide-Leg Crop Pants: Patterns and Inspiration
- Project Runway All Stars S6 E12 Recap
- Meet the Maker: Dana Willard of Made Everyday
Read From Our Archives