Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sewing for the Bump: Maternity (and Beyond!) Sewing Patterns
- Top 5 Raglan Sewing Patterns for Women
- Simplicity 8093 Pants Sewalong with Mimi G, week 1: Selecting Pant Fabric
- Sergers in the Costume Shop
- 13th Annual Denver Paper Fashion Show 2017 #paperfashionshow2017
- Sew Your Stash: Creative Busting
- Perfect Fit: How to Find the Apex with Joi Mahon
- Sew Along with Mimi G, Mimi G Style
- Sewing for Good: 9 Sewing Charities that Need Your Help
- Wardrobe Planning: Too Many Distractions
Read From Our Archives