Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Tea House Dress Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Selection
- 6 Fall Sewing Must-Haves with Allie Olson
- High-End Hack: Feather Trimmed Tank Styling
- Serger Seams for Garment Construction (+ FREE PROJECT!)
- High-End Hack: Feather Trimmed Tank Tutorial
- DIY Textiles: Plastic Bag Painting Technique
- All Things Fall (sewing!) with the August/September issue of Sew News
- DIY Textiles: Painted Brushstrokes Tips
- And the Winner of the Fat Quarter Home Giveaway Is…
- Fabric Dyeing: Flour Resist Technique – Tips and Tricks
Read From Our Archives