Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Gallery Tunic Sew Along Day 4: Sleeves, Cuffs, and Hems
- Gallery Tunic Sew Along Day 3: Collar
- Gallery Tunic Sew Along Day 2: Back, Placket, and Shoulders
- Canvas Pyramid Pillows
- Learn How To Build Your Brand! New Webinar with Cheryl Sleboda
- What’s Your Scariest Fabric To Work With?
- Gallery Tunic Sew Along Day 1: Fabric
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Preview 7
- Missed Taking An Online Class? Check Out The Latest On-Demand Webinars
- American Sewing Guild Conference 2016
Read From Our Archives