Bags make great sewing projects because they can be as simple or complicated as you want. It’s also fun to make something wearable that doesn’t need to be fitted and altered. In fact, we love sewing bags so much here at Sew News, that we released an entire book devoted to them! There are so many types of bags to sew, all useful in their own right: satchels, clutches, grocery bags, totes, backpacks…the list goes on and on. So, to celebrate bag-making, we’re giving away Bags in Bloom: Create 20 Unique Flower Purses with Simple Embroidered Stitches and Easy-to-Sew Patterns by Susan Cariello (Watson-Guptill Publications) for Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways. To enter for a chance to win this book, answer this question in the Comments section below: What is your favorite type of bag to sew? Leave your comment by tomorrow when we’ll announce the winner! Good luck!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Spring & Summer Handmade Wardrobe Planning, Part 2
- Ravenna Blouse Sew Along, Week 2: Installing an Exposed Zipper
- Spring and Summer Handmade Wardrobe Planning
- Sew Along with Kimberly Payne, Straight Stitch Designs
- Ravenna Blouse Sew Along, Week 1: How to Sew Darts
- Statement Sleeves! Sewing’s Hot Focus + Tips From Linda Reynold’s Master Class in Set-In Sleeves
- And the Winner of the Modern Machine Embroidery Giveaway Is…
- Giveaway: Modern Machine Embroidery by Lisa Archer
- Prom Night 2017 | Find Easy To Make Clutches + FREE Bow Tie Pattern
- Appleton Dress Sew Along, Week 3: How to Hem Knits
Read From Our Archives