Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Appleton Dress Sew Along, Week 2: How to Sew a Knit Neckband
- Sew Happy – an interview with author Sanae Ishida (+ giveaway!)
- Sewing the Gallery Tunic
- Pretty Options for Plus + Curvy Size (And A Giveaway!)
- Appleton Dress Sew Along, Week 1: How to Cut Knits
- Weekend Sewing: The Linden Edition
- National Wear Red Day Is Today! + A Heart Healthy Giveaway!
- Perfect Fit: Bonus Info with Joi Mahon
- Clare Coat Sew Along, Week 3: Bagging a Jacket Lining
- Raglan Sweatshirt: Dress Hack
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Fashion illustration is not just for high-end haute couture designers. Learning how to sketch clothing allows you to brainstorm and get your ideas on paper before starting a new project. You don’t have to be an artist to sketch–there’s a … Continue reading
Check out this heartwarming story about members of a sewing guild that use their skills to help sick children. Are you a member of a sewing guild chapter? What kinds of projects do you work on?
Coming up in the April/May ’11 issue of Sew News, we’re featuring an adorable reversible raincoat. Here’s a sneak peek: The pattern is Amy Butler’s Rainy Days Hooded Raincoat. Cute, right? One side of the coat is made from laminated … Continue reading
Mark your calendar! Coming up on March 2nd, Sew News will be hosting an auction of the quilts we’ve received for Operation Alzheimer’s Prevention. We’ve gotten a great response so far, and we want to sincerely thank everyone who’s contributed … Continue reading
Last week, the Sew News team paid a visit to the Rocky Mountain Sewing Expo in Denver. It’s always a great opportunity to gather inspiration and connect with fellow sewing enthusiasts. Kari and I spent Friday taking classes, checking out … Continue reading
Congratulations to Courtenay C., the winner of our Monday giveaway! She won a copy of the book Making Baby’s Clothes: 25 Fun and Practical Designs for 0-3 Year Olds by Rob Merrett (Cico Books; MSRP: $19.95)! Here is her response: … Continue reading