Coming up in the April/May ’11 issue of Sew News, we’re featuring an adorable reversible raincoat. Here’s a sneak peek:
The pattern is Amy Butler’s Rainy Days Hooded Raincoat. Cute, right?
One side of the coat is made from laminated cotton (from Amy Butler’s Love collection), which is an excellent water-resistant choice for rain wear. If you have trouble tracking down laminated cotton, here are some great places you can find it online:
- Hart’s Fabric carries lots of cute prints, including Amy Butler and Echino.
- Purl Soho has quite a few pretty choices–some on sale!
- Fabric.com has a wide selection, including Ty Pennington and Michael Miller prints.
- Etsy has tons of choices. Just do a “Supplies” search for “laminated cotton” to see what various vendors have to offer.
- Fabric Bliss has some bright and pretty options.
Have you sewn laminated cotton before? Share tips or other sources in the Comments section below!