Mother’s Day is only a few weeks away (Sunday, May 8th)! Why not make your mom’s day extra special by giving her something handmade? Here are five great projects bound to delight even the pickiest of mothers:
- Tasseled Tote: Make your mom a one-of-a-kind tote bag using a gathering foot for easy embellishing.
- Colorful Collage: Create an eye-catching jacket to jazz up her springtime wardrobe.
- Velvet Throw: Stitch a pretty pieced throw to dress up her decor.
- Join the Club: If Mom’s a golfer, she’ll love theses custom club covers. (Pattern only, project instructions can be found in the June/July ’10 Sew News.)
- Bookmark: Help a crafty kid sew a special present for Mom or Grandma.
What will you be sewing for your mom this year? Be sure to share your ideas in the “Comments” section below!