Free Stuff Friday

Happy Friday! We’re giving away a My Style Greeting pattern from Islander Sewing Systems! This fun kit allows you to sew your own adorable greeting cards!

greetingcards Free Stuff Friday

For your chance to win, simply answer the question below. From the answers, we’ll randomly select one winner!

Tell us: Who do you sew for the most? Mom? Dad? Kids? Husband? Friends? Yourself? The family dog?

AND tell us: What do you sew for these people/pets?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to Free Stuff Friday

1. Terie says:

myself

2. Conni Brown says:

I would have to say I sew most often for my grandchildren. These days it always includes embroidery and is on shirts.

3. jenni says:

myself, husband and daughter

4. Rykiel says:

I sew the most for my daughters! Dresses, pants, shirts, aprons, doll clothes, anything! We love to repurpose old clothes :)

5. Laurie says:

Most recently I have been sewing costumes for school plays. Some of it is altering to fit. But I enjoy remaking something into what is needed for a particular character. The most challenging projects are the costumes that need to be created to from yardage…the more fantasy the better!

6. Judy Hirschel says:

Grandkids, kids and friends… lately, prom dress alteration

7. Laura says:

Most of my sewing is for my kids – usually clothes, sometimes fun stuff like quilts and embroidery paper dolls. Next would be gifts for family and friends – crochet edged blankets and diaper bags.

8. janine hancock says:

I sew most for my horse mending rugs.but he is worth every sticth.

9. Debbie Okrzesik says:

I mostly sew for my grandson, but also make a lot of teacher gifts and Christmas gifts. Little John Johns for the GS and aprons, napkins and bags for teachers.

10. Marija Vujcic says:

It used to be my mom and me, then my kids, (Halloween fun!) then mostly my daughter (ah, all the proms and formal dances!) and nowadays it is any friend’s little kids I can find (while waiting for my own grand kids…:) ) Well, yes – family dogs and cat get new beds or scraps tied-up for chew toys too! In between – quilts! Love making quilts!

11. Donna Blake says:

I sew for the grandchildren. I quilt. Specialty children’s clothing.

12. karen says:

myself. never wear the same dress twice,always a new one to sew

13. Nancy says:

I love to sew for my daughters. They both love beautiful dresses and are so fun to sew for. Somehow, I’ve always been involved in sewing costumes at school and church. That’s fun but I’d rather be doing beautiful dresses.

14. Sarah says:

I sew for the kids, husband and myself. I also sew to sell:)

15. Kay Bryan says:

I sew for my beautiful grand daughter! She is 3 l/2 years old and the love of my life! Its so much fun to see her eyes when grammy makes her something, and the hugs, well they are just the best!

16. Khadijah R. says:

I sew for my daughter.She is six,I sew dresses,skirts,and doll clothes for her and her dolls :)

17. Lynn Lawrence says:

I sew for the public which for the most part ends in a friendship. I make window treatments, bedding etc. Second I sew for family. There is always something that they think about that they would like.

18. Julie Drennan says:

For friends and family, mostly. They come to me when they need something made or fixed. This weekend, I’m converting a papasan chair cushion into a dog bed & making a washable cover for same. I really only sew purses for myself any more.

19. nel fraker says:

kids–quilts!!!

20. Marlene Walters says:

I do custom sewing and alterations for many people here in my small town of 4500 in southern Minnesota and love it. Weddings, prom, work clothes you name it, I will alter or make new what ever anyone wants.

21. Sonja Casey says:

Myself and my husband…I’ve also started sewing for my baby girl due in August!

Shirts, clothes, blankets, diapers. I loved doing bikinis and matching skirts for our recent vacation to Jamaica!

22. Sheila says:

I have spent over 20 years making things for others. I sew costumes for theatre, opera and film, and do custom bridal and formal designs as well. The last things I made for myself were maternity clothes, nine years ago. It is very frustrating for me to tell people I sew for a living yet having little around the house to show what I can do! All of my work goes off to other lives. This spring I actually made myself a simple cotton skirt, and I was so thrilled to show it off, even though it was a simple thing. Just having made it reminded me why I started doing this all those years ago. I hope to make something to go with it before long!

23. Doris says:

I like to sew for myself (when I have the time), but mostly I help my students with their sewing, sew costumes for the school plays and gifts for friends.

24. Greta says:

I usually sew for my girls the most. I occasionally make things for others and then finally me!

25. Michelle Sgamp says:

I sew for many different people in my life- for my daughter I’ve made dresses, shirts, pillows, and blankets! For mother I’ve made a blanket, pillows, abd pot holders! I love sewing I could never live my life without it!

26. Johnnie Lynne Hillman says:

I sew mostly for everybody else. I cannot fit myself as I grow older and my body changes. I do alot of alterations on formal wear and wedding gowns. I love machine embroidery as well.

27. Kristina Violette says:

I mostly sew for myself but I have made a few things for my husband and, with the help of my sewing instructor, I recently made a muslin for pants. Finally, finally, finally I can wear the pants I’ve made! Thank you Kathy Peters!!!

28. Jan says:

I sew for my young adult daughters. I make them trendy dresses and formal wear. I also sew for the public and do alterations and home decor. I sew for my grandchildren as well and love teaching them to sew!

29. Michelle Shamp says:

MY last name is spelled wrong above- sorry

30. Beth Hetherington says:

I sew, and sew some more “pajama pants” for everyone. Flannel, cotton, boxes, all patterns. But none for a dog!(and never will) lol

31. brenda z says:

I mainly sew for myself now,but I have always sewn for my 5 kids( matching outfits when they were little,school clothes,then party dresses,then wedding gowns and bridal party gowns). I also sew for my grandkids and i have made numerous quilts each for hubby and myself,kids,in-law kids, grandkids and even the grandpuppy. The sewing has slowed a bit as I watch 3 of my grandbabies every day.The 15 month-old loves the hum of the sewing machine, so I think there will be a major sew-in soon with another generation of sewists.

32. Jeanine says:

Myself, my daughters, and service projects.

33. Michelle Shamp says:

I sew for many peoplein my family fir example I sew dresses for my daughters and I sew pillows, shirts, and various other things for my mom and I sew pajamas for my husband. I could never live my life without sewing. I also love Sew News!!!

34. Mary McElwee says:

I started to sew for my mom she never brought her self anything so I wanted her to have nice outfits.Then I sewed for my child,grandson .husband ,and now freind and any body who need something . I even teach children to sew .

35. Amy says:

myself, my husband, and the cats. I have some projects for the house in mind, though.

36. Sue Karr says:

I sew for my husband and children mostly, but I do have quite a few adopted children. I love taking a persons own personality and sewing a one of a kind outfit they will treasure forever. I have many pleasant memories of the expressions of surprise one their faces. My grand daughters favorite phrase is ” I just love it!” She is 4.

37. Diane says:

I’ve been sewing for a long time and over time, what I sew and who I sew for changes. I started sewing for myself, then I added home dec when I got married. As the babies came, there were baby clothes, school clothes and prom dresses and eventually a wedding gown for my first daughter. Then I added grandkids to sew for and lots more home dec for my daughters’ homes. Now my daughters and granddaughters keep me pretty busy with their projects that include embroidery, mending, home dec and sewing clothing – I have a beautiful sun dress ready to cut for my 17 year old granddaughter to wear when she attends girls’ state this summer.

38. Dawna says:

Years ago I sewed for the kids now I have grandkids and want to sew for them and there are things I want to do for the house. So I guess that would be for me. 6 of one, half a dozen of another. Dress for granddaughter, fleece pants for grandson and son in law and going to make a duvet cover for my bed. But I have done curtains for the house.

39. Robin Haney says:

I sew to create and design. Right now I am designing my own aprons. I have also made several tea cozies to sell at a boutique.

40. Sheila says:

I first started sewing clothes for myself while growing up. Then I sewed clothing for my children. Now I sew for my grandchildren and for a new starting business. Hopefully I will be able to sew some clothes for myself again once in a while.

41. Angel S. says:

Everyone else! Seems like I am constantly sewing for a friend, the kids, or even people I don’t know.

42. Gina says:

Mostly I sew with my students! I teach 6th-12th grade Family & Consumer Sciences. Projects range from pillowcases to prom dresses. It’s rewarding to see kids pick up and find a love for sewing!

43. Tabitha O. says:

Lately I have been sewing blankets for friends and clothes for my daughters…basically I will try to sew whatever someone asks me to make, keeps it interesting!

44. Betty says:

I really enjoy sewing for my grandchildren. Their favorite item is boxer shorts made out of sports, holiday, or other specialty fabrics. Having their name embroidered on any garment is a special “plus”.

45. chris says:

i like to sew for my kids and my home

46. chris says:

i like to sew quilts, pajamas, and whatever is needed or needs to be fixed

47. Jean says:

I’ve sewn a lot for my niece from the time she was born. She’s 21 now. But most of my sewing these days are costumes for community theater productions. I’s great to have a good excuse to sew some of those fantastic retro patterns!

48. Suzanne Ripple says:

I sew more for myself and my home. Love heirloom sewing and have been making a lot of lap and wall quilts lately.

Suzanne

49. Linda T says:

I sew mostly for myself, mostly garments. Then there are a few things for the grandchildren, like jammies.

50. Penney says:

I sew mainly for other people, recently I made a Camo prom dress for my God child. I love sewing for children the most.