Free Stuff Friday

Happy Friday! We’re giving away a My Style Greeting pattern from Islander Sewing Systems! This fun kit allows you to sew your own adorable greeting cards!

greetingcards Free Stuff Friday

For your chance to win, simply answer the question below. From the answers, we’ll randomly select one winner!

Tell us: Who do you sew for the most? Mom? Dad? Kids? Husband? Friends? Yourself? The family dog?

AND tell us: What do you sew for these people/pets?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to Free Stuff Friday

1. Michelle Shook says:

Clothing – myself. For quilts & anything else – family.

2. Crystal Carawan says:

I sew gifts for my friends and family.

3. Cheryl Tripp says:

I guess it would be me, my son and my home. I try to make things to spruce up the house and customize things. I like making my own clothes since it’s so hard to find things to fit me the way I am proportioned. My son likes for me to make his PJs and things in patterns we don’t generally see in ready-made PJs. He also likes button up oxfords out of butter suede material. You can’t find them for an 8 yr old; only adults. This way he can wear stuff similar to his daddy’s and he’s a happy little boy! That’s what my sewing is all for – making us all happy with what we have…….brings a BIG smile to my face :-)

4. Jenny says:

others. Would love to sew more for me and my son, but gifts are fun and easier♥

5. Rene says:

I sew for my self most, then gifts for all famly members, its hard to find things for the guys .when they request for some thing i go for it ,if one wants it others do.

6. Mary Ann Shepherd says:

I sew quilt tops, dresses Etc.

7. Rose Henry says:

I primarily sew gifts for family members. I sew for my mom, my sisters, son, and granddaughter. I volunteer my sewing skills to several worthwhile causes.

8. Paula Swann says:

I sew primarily for my granddaughter (since she is the reason I got back into sewing after 20 years of not sewing). I do sew for my daughter & future daugher-in-law also.

9. I Love to sew for your ladies, prom and weddings, and of course, my granddaughter, age 4!!!

10. joan says:

I sew clothes for my daughter!

11. Dawn says:

I mostly sew for myself – costumes, clothes, and most of all -accessories. I find myself running short on time these days, and those projects that I can finish in one or two sittings are great for that sense of accomplishment – and new things to add to my wardrobe are always great too!

In far second place, I sew things for gifts for friends and (mostly female) members of my family. Accessories are the most common (hats, purses, hair flowers, etc) but I recently completed a beautiful quilted duvet cover for my grandmother that I adore!

12. Victoria Butler says:

I sew mostly for my two daughters and my six grandchildren….blankets, clothes, things that are specifically designed for them. Losts of personalization. And, mending….my grandchildren actually save their mending for me. I love it.

13. Patty says:

For Christmas I sewed for the whole family, purses, clutches, pajama bottoms, and a camoflage hunting suit for my husband. Right now I mostly sew for my grandaughter, she is 6 months old. I have done a Baptism gown w/ruffle butt bloomers, shoes, slip, and headband all made from my wedding gown, also dresses w/ bloomers, head bands, sleepers, skirts, and I made a overnight bag for myself.

14. karen says:

my children, friends children. clothing, baby blankets

15. Sherry says:

I love embroidering for myself. I just finished costumes for the junior high play. Embroidered guest favors for 101 dinner theater guests. I sew purses for my daughter and her friends after they see them. I make and embroider golf towels for the golf outing each year , I sew and embroider bibs for the pro life pregnancy center, I just finished a quilt for my daughter and my husband has put in an order for a quilt. I sew gifts for our families womens club, when I have it. Last gift I made was caserole carriers. I embroider small gifts for my quilt club and retirement luncheon buddies for holidays. I like trying new projects all the time.

16. I sew for my daughter and grandchildren. Right now I am in the process of making a dress for my daughter, a quilt for my grandson, and a dress with a matching bolero jacket for my youngest granddaughter (11 yrs).

17. Katia says:

I sew for myself. I make tops and skirts that fit me since it’s hard to find non-knit/stretch RTW that really fit me well.

18. Sherry says:

Mainly sew quilts for new babies in our family and quilts for wounded soldiers for Quilts of Valor

19. SewGal39 says:

I sew mostly for myself as I love to create new and exciting outfits. I get such a feeling of accomplishment when I finish a project and it turns out great. Good self-esteem builder, and I’m not employing child labour overseas!

20. Vicky Smith says:

I mainly sew for my daughter, nieces, great nieces and nephews charity events and of course myself. I sew baby quilts, t-shirt quilts, aprons, purses, wallets. I have also started many projects with my new embroidery machine.

21. Mayra figueroa says:

Myself and daughters. Mostly dresses and blouses.

22. Meaghan says:

My children. I make dresses, shorts, and crafts.

23. Heidi L says:

Mostly for others… most recently a prom dress, soon a skirt for graduation, and some craft projects !!

24. mima says:

I sew for my grandchildern the most, mend/repair the kids clothes next, then sew for the house, and me last.

25. Linda GL says:

Used to sew for myself, but I just got my first grandson so my direction is changed. I have made blankets & mittens & looking forward to many more happy sewing days!

26. Robyn says:

Lately I’ve been sewing costumes for my adult granddaughter and myself for a Scottish historical reenactment guild we are involved in; plus some nighties for an aunt; and wedding things for my sister. I’m kinda all over the place right now. This summer I will be back to quilting and sewing for me. Hopefully!

27. Rita says:

I sew for myself. Dresses

28. kathy says:

I sew for anything/everything. I’ve made christening gowns, teddy bear costumes, shopping bags and much more.

29. Cheryl says:

I do mostly craft projects, along with a few things for my daughter-in-law and grandsons.

30. Vicki says:

I sew mostly for my grandkids, usually clothes. I also like to sew things for my home. One of these days I may get around to sewing for myself–I have the patterns and the fabric, just haven’t had the time. lol

31. Linda Crouch says:

I sew for total enjoyment and love gifting my homemade items. I take great pride in the items that I sew for others!

32. I sew for myself and others. I thoroughly enjoy the are of sewing

33. Sheila Pitts says:

I sew for everyone in my family! I have sewed a quilt set for my son & daughter in law for their wedding. I’ve sewed many baby quilt sets for family and friends. I’ve sewn children’s aprons for my great-nieces’ birthday “baking” party. I have sewn clothes for my children, husband, myself and other family and friends. I absolutely LOVE sewing! It is soooo theraputic to me. LOL. I now have my first grandbaby on the way and I have already been sewing for him. I getting ready to start a T-shirt quilt for each my daughter and my son and daughter in law.

34. Delia says:

I sew most for my 3 years old niece, I love making her dress and Haloween costumes…but she left us for good just last Christmas, then I stopped sewing, :-( I’ll try to sew again maybe for myself.

35. Judy O.M. says:

I sew costumes for school events,for our high school, and a lot of alterations for a local dance studio (all ages).

36. Laura says:

I sew for fleece jackets and socks for friends and relatives. I plan to start sewing clothing for myself.

37. Cynthia says:

I enjoy sewing shirts for my grandsons with novelty prints of cars & trains and doll cloths for my granddaughters.

38. Wanda Jones says:

I sew mostly for church–costumes, table cloths, vests for adult choir, children’s choir, etc.

39. Robin Liskiewitz says:

I have just started sewing recently, the past three years. I wish that I had started earlier in my life. I sew mostly women clothing and accessories. Sewing has become my stress reliever on the weekends so I make as much as possible.

40. Tammie says:

I used to sew for my kids a ton, now it’s mostly for myself and charity. I love to sew just about anything for clothing and accessories – not much of a quilter.

41. janet hogue says:

I sewed for myself, then my children, then my grandchildren, now I sew for my house and charity. In my retirement I have become passionate about sewing. I love to think of unique ways to make a really cute apron or pillow or pot holder and then donate them to my church for their fundraisers.

42. lois ann demars says:

I sew mostly for me, but just got done sewing for a couple of childrens school play

43. Linda says:

I sew for my grandchildren. I have put my quilting away for the summer, but I will be sewing for myself (finally) and my granddaughters!

44. Dawn says:

I sew for my children – just made a tie to match the prom dress and made my DD very happy!

45. Charlene says:

I sew for my own amusement – and for anyone that compliments one of my pieces.

46. LauraM says:

I now mainly sew for me – mostly garments, purses, some crafts. Used to make adorable outfits for my neices when they were little. I also do some charity sewing – fleece hats/scarfs, baby sleepers, a quilt, etc.

47. Angie says:

I usually sew for myself, but I now volunteer to teach sewing to others at our local community center. I am currently expecting my 4th child (first girl!!) so I am looking forward to sewing for her.

48. Linda Chin says:

I have been busy sewing for family and friend’s newborns. I have been making baby blankets for the little ones. My next projects will be to sew some craft organizer bags for myself.

49. Dolores Campbell says:

I sew mostly for my oldest daughter. When she wants something special she calls me and gives me her measurements and I make her a surprise. I have been doing this for her for 49 years now and she still loves what I make. I just finished a white two piece long fringed dancing dress.

50. Mindy says:

I sew mostly for my family and occasionally for me. Usually quilts, and other gifts. I love to give things to others.