Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Tips For Working With Knits
- Pepernoot Coat Sew Along: Finishing Details
- Would You Sew A 1000 Dresses?
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: May 2011
This is an extra special Friday giveaway because we are hosting Day 12 of the Stripped Down Patchwork Blog Tour! Erin Gilday is a talented seamstress, blogger and author, who has written for Sew News. Her latest project is a … Continue reading
From sewing to soldiering, she’s one-of-a-kind 159th Combat Aviation Brigade Public Affairs By Sgt. Richard Carreon KANDAHAR AIRFIELD, Afghanistan — Skills and hobbies make up a lot of what we do in our spare time. Some of them we stumble … Continue reading
We accidentally forgot to add a designer credit for the red bag featured in “Hip Handles” on page 48 of the June/July Sew News. The design and pattern are from the talented Christopher Nejman, while the braided handle design is … Continue reading
Last year, a new cafe called Sweat Shop opened in one of Paris’ most stylish neighborhoods. What sets this cafe apart? It doubles as a sewing studio! The concept is similar to that of a cyber cafe, but instead of … Continue reading
How was your Mother’s Day? This year, I did a little planning ahead of time and made my mom a lap quilt with cute fabrics. The fabric has horses, horseshoes, paisley, and western stars (my mom is a cowgirl). I … Continue reading
Happy Friday Sew News readers! Today we’ve got a great book giveaway from Chronicle books. Jennifer Paganelli designs one of the most popular fabric lines in the crafting marketplace. In Girl’s World, her debut book, she presents twenty-one adorable sewing … Continue reading
Check out this super sweet story in yesterday’s Chicago Sun-Times. Stevenson, Illinois high school student Tyler Pecora designed a pretty sky-blue dress for his girlfriend Lauren Comitor to wear to his senior prom. Tyler recruited his friend, fashion student Courtney … Continue reading