Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Crimson & Clover Train Cases Sew Along, Week 1: Making & Adding Piping
- #memademay2017: Half Way Through!
- Crimson & Clover Sew Along – Postponed Until May 23!
- Learn Appliqué – And Dress Up Any Garment
- Learn Hemstitching For A Vintage Look
- Tips For Using The Rolled Hem Foot
- Sew Along Schedule For May & June 2017
- Sew Along with Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness
- #MeMadeMay2017 Week2: Organization & A Look Back
- #MeMadeMay: Sewing for Myself
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: May 2011
From sewing to soldiering, she’s one-of-a-kind 159th Combat Aviation Brigade Public Affairs By Sgt. Richard Carreon KANDAHAR AIRFIELD, Afghanistan — Skills and hobbies make up a lot of what we do in our spare time. Some of them we stumble … Continue reading
We accidentally forgot to add a designer credit for the red bag featured in “Hip Handles” on page 48 of the June/July Sew News. The design and pattern are from the talented Christopher Nejman, while the braided handle design is … Continue reading
Last year, a new cafe called Sweat Shop opened in one of Paris’ most stylish neighborhoods. What sets this cafe apart? It doubles as a sewing studio! The concept is similar to that of a cyber cafe, but instead of … Continue reading
How was your Mother’s Day? This year, I did a little planning ahead of time and made my mom a lap quilt with cute fabrics. The fabric has horses, horseshoes, paisley, and western stars (my mom is a cowgirl). I … Continue reading
Check out this super sweet story in yesterday’s Chicago Sun-Times. Stevenson, Illinois high school student Tyler Pecora designed a pretty sky-blue dress for his girlfriend Lauren Comitor to wear to his senior prom. Tyler recruited his friend, fashion student Courtney … Continue reading
Protect your iPad or e-reader with this cute padded tech case, brought to you for FREE by Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. This would also make a great and practical Mother’s Day gift for a tech-savvy mom or graduate! Download … Continue reading