Free Stuff Friday!

It’s time for another Free Stuff Friday! Today, we’re giving away Crafter’s Comfort Gloves and a Shoulder Saver from Creative Comfort by Dritz. 2011 08 12 08 11 13 732 300x169 Free Stuff Friday!

For your chance to win, answer this question in the comments section:

Do you have any special tricks or tools to help you stay healthy in the sewing room?

Post your answer by 9 AM ET on Monday, when we’ll announce the winner. Good luck!

110 Responses to Free Stuff Friday!

1. James McPhea says:

Sewing is one of my favorite past-times. To help me stay healthy when I am sewing I have a ergonomic chair, bright task lighting, a pinning and sewing table set at a comfortable height to reduce straining and back pain, a designated sewing table, my iron and ironing board at the ready, and a water supply close at hand. Additionally, to create a serene, comfortable, supportive environment I have artwork hung on the walls, and I ensure there is soft music without distracting lyrics playing in the background. The reason I play music is to helps me relax, help me focus on the task at hand, and help take my mind off of tedious jobs such as needle threading and seam ripping.

2. Leona Sedlar says:

I had shoulder and knee surgery and to help my knee and shoulder from getting stiff and hurting I keep a ice pack available and sometimes a heating pad and it really does help. Keep ice on for 20 minutes and then heat for 20 minutes and it really works with no problem. Sometimes I also use this when I am hand quilting.

3. Miss chip says:

#1 a lock on the door with a sign that says do not knock unless I can see bone through your skin or if you are profusely bleeding, or the house fire has finially reached me on the third floor! #2 an iPhone with tons of music. #3 a mini fridge #4 repositional lighting! And my Italian greyhounds to keep me comfy!

4. KAY FURCHES says:

I need to work on my sewing room and make some adjustments since I have fibromyalgia, arthritis, and a bad back. I need to take more breaks but, I do have my ironing board setup across the room and that gets me up and down. Sure could use the gloves and shoulder saver.

5. Pingback: Free Stuff Friday winner! | Sew News

6. Rita Hargett says:

I just get up and walk around every so often and keep lots of water handy when sewing.

7. Marlene Helvey says:

I try to make sure I use good posture and use a suitable chair to sit on while I’m sewing. I take breaks and walk or stretch.

8. Ms. Beth says:

Use a balance ball as a chair while sewing. It helps with posture and you get a core workout!

9. Vicky kelley says:

I keep a stretch band tied to the leg of my chair and use it to stretch my arms and shoulders so they don’t get stiff or sore when sewing a long project!

10. A while ago Sew News printed an article on yoga for the sewing room, I have that article laminated and displayed on the door of my sewing room. I set a timer and every hour I stand up and do 5 minutes of yoga stretches