Happy National Sewing Month! The Corpus Christie chapter of the American Sewing Guild celebrated on Tuesday by hosting an all-day event at a local mall to sew items for charity. How have you been celebrating this month? Here are a few ideas to get your creative wheels turning:
- Clean and organize your sewing space.
- Show your machine some love by taking it in for a tune-up or stitching a nice new quilted sewing machine cover.
- Challenge yourself by learning a new skill, such as draping or sewing knit fabrics.
- Resolve to use your machine’s fun extras, such as a specialty foot or built-in stitch. Check out this fun tote bag project to utilize a gathering foot.
- Use your sewing skills to give back by sewing for a good cause. Sew News is still accepting quilts for the upcoming Sew Your Support auction!
- Share the love of sewing by teaching a kid to sew. Here’s an easy and kid-friendly bookmark project to use as a starting point.
Share your ideas for celebrating sewing in the comments section below!