Free Stuff Friday!

Tomorrow is the first day of October and already the leaves are changing and the weather is cooling down. This time of year makes me want to cuddle up in a comfy pair of pajamas and watch a movie. What could be better? How about making your own pjs out of a cute flannel print?

Learn how to make a variety of pajama types and styles (including those for your hubby) with the book, The Perfect Pajama by Kristina Nilsson and Jennifer Pirtle from Cico Books. The book also includes 21 full-size patterns and templates! pj 300x300 Free Stuff Friday!For your chance to win your own copy of The Perfect Pajama, answer this question in the comments section:

Have you ever stitched your own pjs?

Post your answer by 9 AM ET on Monday, when we’ll announce the winner. Good luck!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

199 Responses to Free Stuff Friday!

1. Jennifer Wright says:

Yup! Make all my friends pj pants for Christmas two years ago.

2. Bonnijean M says:

I’ve made nightgowns but never pjs. I want to make some though.

3. Joanne says:

yes i make pjs for my family and also make pjs for the womens shelter for kids

4. Lori says:

I have done some embellishing on PJs that I had that were to plain for me. I’m all about the bling… However, I’ve never made a them from start to finish. I think I could though, any how I’d love to try.

5. Quessa Johnson says:

Yes, I make one for my children every Christmas. They love it and so do I!

6. Margaret Blanchard-Cuss says:

I’ve never made pj’s but I did make a flannel nightgown many, many, years ago. PJ’s might be a fun future project!

7. Just recently. I used Newlook 6147 with some free material from my lovely mother in law: light pink with grey stripes. Love them!

8. sheila says:

Funny thing you should ask I just happen to be working on a pair now. I have always made them for my 4 kids and hubby and now the 8 grandkids but always seem to leave myself out. I decided since I have lost 75 lbs and I am in need of new ones for winter I was going to treat myself this time.

9. Dorothy says:

PJ’s are a staple at Christmas time. It’s always fun to have a new pair of pj’s.

10. Nancy Anson says:

I guess I’ve made a dozen gowns and pajamas over my sewing career. Still have this adorable flannel stash that I bought when my son was 2 years old. He’s now 34 and has a 3year old son of his own. The flannel has cowboys and horses, it’s wonderful…but before children’s fabric was made fire retardant. I probably won’t use it for my grandson, but a cute cowboy floor pillow for him would be nice. I’ll get new PJ flannel if I win the book…or even if I don’t win.

11. Marlene Walters says:

I have pj’s out of the satin backed flannel and also cotten and love the fit and that they don’t seem to fade like the store bought ones. Ask to custom make 13 pair of pj pants for my neighbors grandchildren for Christmas, each one out of fleece with there favorite pastime or toy printed on it.

12. Cynthia Kirk says:

Yes I have. I have also made them for my kids, nieces and nephews. Now I am making them for my grandkids.

13. Brigid Johnson says:

Yes, I’ve made pajamas for the whole family! And sometimes we all matched! It’s a great way to test a new shirt pattern for fit!

14. Cheri James says:

No, I haven’t made any PJ’s. I Always wanted to make some pj’s for my granddaughters. I have brought patterns to make some pjs, but I chicken out. Now that I am not working I would like to some pjs.

15. Leanne Leger says:

No, I have never tried to make them before. I always wanted to give it a shot, maybe if I won the book it would give me the help and opportunity I need to try it out.

16. Sherry Kelly says:

Absolutely! I think I have made everyone in my family and extended family PJ’s at one time or another. My daughter and nephew love their “comfy” pants!

17. Lisa Doiron says:

I have seven children and have made them pjs every year for the past 25 years..thats a lot of pyjamas!..Thet are mostly all adults now and still seem to expect mom to stitch a new pair of at least bottoms for the hiolidays!

18. Years ago, when I first got my sewing machine, I made my husband (actually, I’m not sure we were even married at the time) a pair of flannel pyjamas, which are still referred to as his “Jammies made with love”. I made PJs for my kids this year, but have yet to make any for myself. Really should do something about that!

19. Nancy Hinson says:

Been a while but, yes. Relaxing, low pressure sewing.

20. Shirley says:

Of course I have made my own pj’s, sweat shirt all the way to the ground in a warm velour… in addition to making my own I assisted several hundreds of high school students make their first pair of pj’s in my sewing class… oh the joy of having spent time teaching others what I so enjoy…

21. Nancy Shelton says:

Yes, I have made pj pants for my daughter and myself. Have made sleep shorts for her, also. Would love new patterns/ ideas!!

22. Sandy L says:

Yes, I have done PJ’s and gowns. My grandchildren love the flannel pants and I also made them white cotton frilly gowns and one for their American Girl dolls to match.

23. Jeanne Redshaw says:

I have made PJ’s, Matching sets for nieces and their dolls and some wonderful granny style gowns too complete with sleep bonnets! I also used to make soft flannel granny gowns for my grandma. She loved them a lot because the scratchy lace got left off!

24. Jenny Scott says:

No, never for myself. But I have sewn pajamas for my daughter and for a friend. :)

25. Melinda Thompson says:

For the kids, but not for me. I guess I need the book!

26. Deena says:

Yes, PJs and gowns both. Also make PJs and gowns for 5 grandchildren!

27. charlotte says:

many many times,especially when kids and grandkids weres mall,love lounging myself in jammies made for me by me

28. Donna Link says:

I have made sleep pants but never did tops! I would love to make them for my family for Christmas!

29. jeanne provost says:

Yes, I make pj’s for the grandkids for Christmas, they love them, I have 27 grandkids and 6 great grandkids, so it’s affordable, and they love them, I buy tee shirts to go with them. I thought if they didn’t like them, they could wear them to bed, but they love them and wear them to the mall!

30. Dogpackmomma says:

Yes, I have made myself flannel shorts to sleep in & look forward to trying something more! Thanks & Happy Trails!

31. Tracey G says:

I have made pj bottoms that I just love.

32. Kathy P. says:

No, I haven’t. But I think that would be really a fun project!

33. Pamela Hoelscher says:

Yes, I have. I also made them for my dolls (as a kid), my kids, and my grandkids.
    It’s like hugging them all night long!

34. Barbara Robinson says:

I love warm, flannel pjs in the winter, but have never made them.
    I look forward to seeing the book.

35. Nila Howell says:

I honestly have not sewen my own PJ’s, but I have made lots of jammies for children!

36. dekowal29 says:

I make them every Christmas for the niece and nephew.

37. Natalya Hoak says:

Awesome book! Yes, when the French toile print was in high style, I made myself pink/white pj bottoms :)

38. Pat Martin says:

Yes! I have made everything from “sexy” lingerie to flannel PJs!

39. Cheryl says:

YES! I have made PJs for all of my family! My youngest boy has worn PJs I made him since he was about 3 and his favorite cartoon was Spongebob! He loves the fact that I can make them just like he wants them no matter what it is (color, print, style).

40. Rosa Smith says:

Yes but didn’t like mine so much but the ones I made my grandson were awesome.

41. Yes, and I’ve purchased 10 yds of flannel to make new ones, and I would love this book to help me! One pattern doesn’t give you the tips and tricks to make it easier and more enjoyable. I’m planning on giving them for christmas presents!

42. patty says:

Yes, I have. I won a blue ribbon at the county fair when I was in High School!!!
    Then alter PJ paper to make breast feeding easiler!!!

Such fun!!

43. Gloria Mraz says:

I make my own pj’s, my own nightgowns, pj’s for my grandkids, nightshirts, nightgowns for my granddaughter’s 18″ doll. Love to sew em!

44. Margaret Schlimmer says:

The granddaughters love the warm flannel pjs and in the summer the light weight knit ones. Wonderful book!

45. Phyllis Bull says:

No, I have never sewn pajamas for myself or anyone else. However, my two precious granddaughters, 7 and 4, have been asking me to make some for them. Soooooo, I really, really, really need to win your book!

46. Eileen says:

Yup, summer and winter, and Wisconsin winters require flannel or fleece jammies. This year I hope to make jams for Christmas for my 3 nieces and 2 new nephews, all under 5. Woot!

47. Victoria says:

I haven’t ever made my own pjs but now I am really tempted!!

48. Vicky Smith says:

Absolutely…but always looking for good patterns.

49. I have made several pairs of pj bottoms when I haven’t found what I like or want at the stores. Have also made a few pairs for my sister.

50. Mary Craig says:

Yes I have sewn my own pjs. They are better suited for me because I can fit them to my own shape and also make them out of the material I want. I have made pjs for my grand-daughter also. I made them out of flannel so she would be warm and snuggly on cool nights. I love to sew and there aren’t many types of clothing that I haven’t made but I love to make pjs best. They are the last thing that touches your skin before sleep, what better way to rest well.