Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Off to Italy with Craftours
- Sew a Workwear Capsule – 10 Must-Sew Patterns
- Freebie Friday: Taos Leather Tote Pattern
- And the winner of the Flossie Teacups’ Guide to English Paper Piecing Giveaway is…
- Seasonal Sewing with the October/November issue of Sew News
- Giveaway: Flossie Teacups’ Guide to English Paper Piecing by Florence Knapp
- Serger Seams for Garment Construction (+ FREE PROJECT!)
- Jump Suit Round Up! What’s Your Favorite?
- Fall Sewing – Sew News Lists Their Favorite Fall Picks
- Tea House Dress Sew Along, week 3: Tying Options
Read From Our Archives