Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Kaylee Tunic Sew Along, week 2: Adding Lace Trim
- Project Runway Recap, S16, E5
- Sewing Tip of the Week
- Throwback Thursday 9/14/17 – Sew News Halloweeen Projects From The Past!
- Sew News October/November 2017 Issue
- Kaylee Tunic Sew Along, week 1: Selecting Garment Fabrics
- Sew it All 11: Walking on Sunset Knit Dress Pattern
- Project Runway Week in Review S16, E4
- And the winner of the Sew Home giveaway is…
- Giveaway: Sew Home by Erin Schlosser
Read From Our Archives