Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Gallery Tunic Sew Along Day 3: Collar
- Gallery Tunic Sew Along Day 2: Back, Placket, and Shoulders
- Canvas Pyramid Pillows
- Learn How To Build Your Brand! New Webinar with Cheryl Sleboda
- What’s Your Scariest Fabric To Work With?
- Gallery Tunic Sew Along Day 1: Fabric
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Preview 7
- Missed Taking An Online Class? Check Out The Latest On-Demand Webinars
- American Sewing Guild Conference 2016
- Save These Tips For Working With Knits
Read From Our Archives