Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- All Things Fall (sewing!) with the August/September issue of Sew News
- DIY Textiles: Painted Brushstrokes Tips
- And the Winner of the Fat Quarter Home Giveaway Is…
- Fabric Dyeing: Flour Resist Technique – Tips and Tricks
- Tips For Sewing With Spandex Elastane and Lycra
- Giveaway: Fat Quarter Home by Amanda Russell & Juliet Bawden
- UnFinished Objects: Tips For Taming Your UFO Pile
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 3: Armhole Facings and Styling!
- Wardrobe Planning Tips from Rachel Pinheiro
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 2: Side Slit, Tie Band, and Hem
Read From Our Archives