Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Prom Night 2017 | Find Easy To Make Clutches + FREE Bow Tie Pattern
- Appleton Dress Sew Along, Week 3: How to Hem Knits
- Appleton Dress Sew Along, Week 2: How to Sew a Knit Neckband
- Sew Happy – an interview with author Sanae Ishida (+ giveaway!)
- Sewing the Gallery Tunic
- Pretty Options for Plus + Curvy Size (And A Giveaway!)
- Appleton Dress Sew Along, Week 1: How to Cut Knits
- Weekend Sewing: The Linden Edition
- National Wear Red Day Is Today! + A Heart Healthy Giveaway!
- Perfect Fit: Bonus Info with Joi Mahon
Read From Our Archives