Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Spring & Summer Handmade Wardrobe Planning, Part 2
- Ravenna Blouse Sew Along, Week 2: Installing an Exposed Zipper
- Spring and Summer Handmade Wardrobe Planning
- Sew Along with Kimberly Payne, Straight Stitch Designs
- Ravenna Blouse Sew Along, Week 1: How to Sew Darts
- Statement Sleeves! Sewing’s Hot Focus + Tips From Linda Reynold’s Master Class in Set-In Sleeves
- And the Winner of the Modern Machine Embroidery Giveaway Is…
- Giveaway: Modern Machine Embroidery by Lisa Archer
- Prom Night 2017 | Find Easy To Make Clutches + FREE Bow Tie Pattern
- Appleton Dress Sew Along, Week 3: How to Hem Knits
Read From Our Archives