Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- And the Winner of the Sew Luxe Leather Giveaway Is…
- Giveaway: Sew Luxe Leather by Rosanna Clare Gethin
- Common Serger Feet & How to Use Them
- Holiday Parties, Sequins & Sheers: New Issue of Sew News is here (and full of hacks!)
- And the Winner of the My Doll, My Style Giveaway Is…
- Giveaway: My Doll, My Style by Anna Allen
- Tips for Fitting a Raglan Sleeve
- Backpack Sewing Pattern Roundup: Our Top Picks
- A-Frame Sew Along Week 3: Elasticized Waistband
- A-Frame Sew Along, Week 2: Sewing A Lapped Zipper
Read From Our Archives