Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Embroidery Hoop Place Cards
- LBD Sewing Pattern Review: Josie Sundress
- Metallic Foil Transfer Pillow Project + Giveaway
- Pajamas To Sew & Give
- 10 Kid Gift Ideas to Spark Sewing Interest
- A Little History On The LBD (Little Black Dress)
- LBD Sewing Pattern Review: Melanie Misses by Modkid
- Mermaid Sequin Fabric & What to do With it
- 24 DAYS OF GIFT GIVING FROM US TO YOU!
- Gifts For People Who Sew
Read From Our Archives