Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: S6 E 10
- Sketch to Sew: Drawing as Planning with Sienna of Not a Primary Color
- Spring Wardrobe Tips and More in the Sew News April/May issue
- Project Runway All Stars S6: E9 Recap
- Celebrate Barbie’s 59th Birthday – Share Your Stories With Us!
- Easter Dresses to Sew
- Sketch to Sew: Fashion Sketching Tips from Meg Healy of BurdaStyle
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: Mizrahi Madness
- And the winner of the Crafting for Cat Ladies giveaway is…
- Giveaway: Crafting for Cat Ladies by Kat Roberts
Read From Our Archives