Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- STAR WARS: Storytelling Through Costume
- And the winner of the Signature Bags giveaway is…
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 3 Finishing Details
- Check Out Our New Issue! Plus Freebies!
- Giveaway: Signature Bags by Michelle Golightly
- (Sewing) Year in Review + Goals for 2017!
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 2 Construction + Pocket Details
- Tell Us What You Sewed This Past Year!
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 2 Construction
- Too Blessed To Be Stressed! + New Class From Kenneth D. King!
Read From Our Archives