Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sundress Week: Pattern Picks from BurdaStyle
- Travel Trio Sew Along, week 2: Self-Lining for Reversible Garments
- Sundress Week: Isla Dress Pattern by Made by Rae
- Sundress Week: Josie Dress by Christine Haynes for Sew News
- Creating Couture Embellishment: A Review & Giveaway
- Our Favorite Sundresses Of The Season!
- Favorite Wrap Dress Patterns
- Travel Trio Sew Along, Week 1: Tips for Working with Knit Fabrics
- Summer Sewing Inspiration is Here!
- And the Winner of the Sew Caroline Weekend Style Giveaway Is…
Read From Our Archives