Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 1 Prep Work
- Don’t Miss Out On These Exclusive Classes & Events!
- Here’s A Thank You Gift From Sew News & CME Magazines!
- Laurel Dress Sew Along, Week 2
- Ultimate Sewing Wish List + A Giveaway!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery: Preview 11: Freestanding Lace
- Veterans Day & Quilts of Valor
- BurdaStyle Cape Top
- Ginger Jean Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Touches!
- Laurel Dress Sew Along, Week 1
Read From Our Archives