Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Wardrobe Planning Tips from Rachel Pinheiro
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 2: Side Slit, Tie Band, and Hem
- Common Threads 2018 Recap
- Summer Fabric Series: Tips for Sewing with Sheers
- Shorts Sewing Pattern Roundup: Our Top Picks
- Tony Award Fashions
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 1: Pattern Prep, Fabric, and Front Band Assembly
- Summer Fabrics Series: How to Sew Gauze Fabric
- Favorite Woven T-shirt Sewing Patterns: Roundup Time!
- June Sew Along Preview: BurdaStyle Cap-Sleeve Wrap Blouse #124
Read From Our Archives