Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Emerson Crop Pants Sew Along, Week 3: Waistband Construction
- Want to go to Italy?
- Emerson Crop Pants Sew Along, Week 2: Assembly Tips
- 6 Spring Trends to Sew
- Trading Spaces is Back Episode 1 Recap
- Emerson Crop Pants Sew Along, Week 1: Pattern Prep, Pleats & Pockets
- Project Runway All Stars S6, E13: Finale Recap
- Sketch to Sew: Using a Bullet Journal with Ho Mei of Arrow Mountain
- Styling Ideas for Wide-Leg Crop Pants: Patterns and Inspiration
- Project Runway All Stars S6 E12 Recap
Read From Our Archives