Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sewing for the Bump: Maternity (and Beyond!) Sewing Patterns
- Top 5 Raglan Sewing Patterns for Women
- Simplicity 8093 Pants Sewalong with Mimi G, week 1: Selecting Pant Fabric
- Sergers in the Costume Shop
- 13th Annual Denver Paper Fashion Show 2017 #paperfashionshow2017
- Sew Your Stash: Creative Busting
- Perfect Fit: How to Find the Apex with Joi Mahon
- Sew Along with Mimi G, Mimi G Style
- Sewing for Good: 9 Sewing Charities that Need Your Help
- Wardrobe Planning: Too Many Distractions
Read From Our Archives