Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Easy Sew Holiday Stockings
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: December 2011
Thanks for all the great comments from yesterday’s question: How many times have you wounded yourself with a pin? I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve jabbed myself. The worst was when I was taking in my bridesmaid’s dress … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone for sharing their favorite sewing gadgets for Day 9. I’m with Jamie and Lisa, I can’t live without my seam ripper. The Sewline fabric glue pen and the TrueGrips ruler adhesives go to Jan P., who said: … Continue reading
Happy Monday, readers! The winner of our Day 8 Giveaway is Chuck for his answer “My wife says I’m a beginner. Therefore I am.” We’re all sort of beginners. There’s always more to learn. Chuck won Sewing Machine Basics by … Continue reading
The Day 7 winner of the Christmas ball ornament from Seams Sew Special is Rebecca W. for her answer “I have a 13 month old little girl and I would place lovely keepsakes in there to giver to her when … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone for all your posts yesterday! I loved reading all the homemade, heart-felt gift stories. My mother-in-law made us a beautiful crochet afghan one Christmas. It happened to be our puppy’s first Christmas and he literally consumed about … Continue reading
Our Day 5 prize, the Bag E Bottoms, goes to Blossom for her answer, “I’ve sewn a few simple tote bags, but haven’t attempted any handbags yet. These look very useful!” Thanks to everyone for their comments (and advice). Blossom, … Continue reading