Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
- Weekender Sew Along Starts Now! Prep & Supplies List
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: December 2011
Thanks to everyone for all your posts yesterday! I loved reading all the homemade, heart-felt gift stories. My mother-in-law made us a beautiful crochet afghan one Christmas. It happened to be our puppy’s first Christmas and he literally consumed about … Continue reading
Our Day 5 prize, the Bag E Bottoms, goes to Blossom for her answer, “I’ve sewn a few simple tote bags, but haven’t attempted any handbags yet. These look very useful!” Thanks to everyone for their comments (and advice). Blossom, … Continue reading
Our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway prize for Day 5 is… Bag-E-Bottoms from Lazy Girl Designs! We’re giving away 3 different sizes of acrylic bases for making your own bags or giving structure to your favorite shopping bag that always sags … Continue reading
The winner of the Curtain Grommets from Dritz Home is Jenn M! We asked When was the last time you got/made new curtains? and Jenn answered “2 years ago I got new curtains for my bedroom. I went to a discount store … Continue reading
Yesterday a lot of readers answered that the home-dec project they wanted to make was curtains. Well, check out what we’re giving away today! Christmas Giveaway Day 4‘s prize is Curtain Grommets from Dritz Home. No tools required, just trace, … Continue reading
A winner has been selected! On Day 3 we asked: What home dec project do you want to sew? Linda T. won Sew Up a Home Makeover by Lexie Barnes (Storey Publishing) for her answer: “I have 3 vintage chairs that I … Continue reading