Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Thanks to everyone for entering our Free Stuff Friday contest! We asked: What sew-lebrity would you like to see on the next season of Sew it All? We randomly selected one winner from the comments. Congratulations to Angela Cianfaglione, Marilyn … Continue reading
This week is a big one–We’re giving away one small/medium or large/extra large Flower Frill Templates set from Clover to FOUR lucky winners! Use the templates to quickly and easily create fabric flowers to embellish accessories, garments or home-dec items. … Continue reading
Here in Colorado, we’re thrilled that the Denver Art Museum will be the only US venue for the upcoming exhibit of Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective. In November, I had the wonderful opportunity to judge a YSL-inspired design challenge hosted … Continue reading
Thanks everyone for entering Friday’s giveaway! We asked about your favorite fabric embellishment technique and enjoyed reading through all your great ideas. We randomly chose from the comments section and the winner is Babs Jenkins for her answer: “My fav … Continue reading
Happy Free Stuff Friday! Today we’re giving away Fabric Embellishing, The Basics & Beyond by Ruth Chandler, Liz Kettle, Heather Thomas and Lauren Vlcek (Landauer Publishing). With step-by-step instructions for over 50 fabric embellishing techniques, you’ll be an expert fabric … Continue reading
Check out this great new design challenge from Amy Barickman and Indygo Junction: “Amy Barickman’s Vintage-Inspired, Modern Style Design Challenge joins a rich history of handmade with today’s creative renaissance. Partnering with SINGER®, Coats & Clark, and BurdaStyle, Amy invites sewing enthusiasts to … Continue reading