Free Stuff Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! You know what that means: Free Stuff!

Today we’re giving away a copy of Cat Wei’s book, Material World: Home Decor Projects for the Fabric Obsessed (Quarry Books).

993557 231x300 Free Stuff Friday!

This book provides step-by-step instructions for projects to decorate and personalize every room in your home. From upholstering furniture to light covers to dog beds, it covers a variety of sew and no-sew projects!

All you have to do to be entered to win this cool prize is answer the following question in the comments section below:

What is your favorite no-sew project?

Do you scrapbook? Is the hot-glue gun your best friend? Tell us your no-sew stories!

On Monday, one lucky winner will be announced! Good luck and have a great weekend!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

123 Responses to Free Stuff Friday!

1. Shari Rich says:

Boy, does my house need fabric updated!! It’s living room is currently my sewing room. Nuf said.

2. Maria says:

I love to crochet!

3. Heather Seaman says:

When I’m not sewing my other sanity-saver is jewelry making!

4. I knit or use paper or thrift store upcycling…but love to try anything new and fun ♥

5. Patricia Lenhart says:

I belong to a knitting group, and we knit prayer shawls, and also baby hats with matching blankets for a crisis pregnancy center.

6. Cathy Tolbert says:

Covering boxes with fabric.

7. Cynthia T. says:

I like to recover our old chairs and help my daughter scrapbook.

8. Jean Clark-Collins says:

This is a hard question there are so many but I think making curtains in creative ways is great . Using fabric as a drape to dress up simple windows that do not need to be fully covered. That is my favorite. The fabric covered box is fun and a great way to give a gift

9. Marilyn says:

I love to refinish or paint old furniture. Making something come back to life after just being stored somewhere out of the way and not used makes me feel useful and happy :0)

10. Lorraine A. says:

I have fabric that I moved in boxes with me over 25 years ago. Fabric is an obsession!

11. Anita Drennon says:

My favorite no-sew project would have to be anything I can make out of cut strips – weave or wrapped cord etc. Also love to make Christmas ornaments out of clear ornaments and leftover rayon and metallic thread scraps.

12. Jennifer Brinson says:

I love painting. There is something wonderful about getting your hands covered in colors and watching them turn into something beautiful on paper.

13. Colleen S says:

My favorite no sew projects are scarves. Some embellished, some tied, some knitted or crochet, but mostly just cut and fringed.

14. Jean Boder says:

Favorite no sew project is my OBX Love Knot made with rope, shells and sea glass.

15. Joen says:

I guess I would have to say painting. I like to paint ornaments, decorative storage boxes and stenciling.

16. Crochet…. does watching tv count? It doesn’t involve sewing. But I guess it isn’t really a project, unless I’m trying to catch up on all my recorded shows this weekend!!

17. Jenn-O says:

Nope, I don’t scrapbook and I don’t use the hot glue gun a whole bunch. Just once in a while. I like to crochet but I haven’t done it in a while since I started sewing.

18. Janice Baldwin says:

I like to make quick fleece tied blankets. This book looks great

19. Beth B says:

Recovering a chair seat. Quick and easy using a staple gun.

20. Diane Standish says:

my no sew favorite thing is to use my fabric scraps on my scrapbook pages!

21. Karen L. Howard says:

I love draping fabric on rods at my windows. Makes easy and beautiful window coverings.

22. Renee McNeal says:

My favorite no-sew project is a fringe and tie fleece blanket.

23. Lori Lemmenes says:

I enjoy embroidery! I hope that isn’t considered a sew thing!! From the time we could hold a needle – we {my 6 sisters and I } have stitched!!

24. Linda T says:

My therapy craft is knitting but not with two needles. My current favorite is a plastic rectangular loom with 18 pins on either side. I buy really soft yarn and make scaves. On a recent trip to Jo-ann’s I got a loom for knitting socks. Haven’t tested it out yet but I am looking forward to it.

25. Kristin says:

My favorite no-sew project is card making. Mother’s Day is coming up, I’d better think of something cute, quick!

26. Eileen says:

I love to cover dining room chairs. Using coordinating, but not necessarily matching fabrics, makes for fun and interesting decorating.

27. Marie Waterman says:

I love to make hair accessories – ponytail holders and headbands for my daughter.

28. Spunkydeb says:

I like to make large bows from ribbons

29. Nancy says:

I totally have nothing decorated. Guess time to start.

30. Margee Underwood says:

I like try a lot of different crafts, right now I’m beading.

31. I relax and crochet. I love making blankets for all my friends and their babies. Who says the new mom or dad can’t use a lap blanket themselves!

32. Pam says:

Photography, especially flowers in my yard. I love colors, but I seem to see a sewing project everywhere…not any other crafts. I’m a one trick pony. LOL

33. Savannagal says:

My favorite new sew project is a craft I did with my niece at Halloweeen. I purchased several pieces of really cute pumpkin and fall decorated fabrics. We cut them into rectangles, wrapped them around rolls of toilet paper, and stuffed the fabric ends in the toilet paper tube. Then found some broken twigs in the yard and stuck those in the top of the tube to make stems. They turned out really cute.

34. Allie says:

Baking bread, drawing comics and knitting scarves! :3

35. Karen says:

Reading about sewing projects!

36. I love making fabric rosettes!

Jenna
    callherhappy.com

37. Jennifer Adam says:

My favorite no-sew project involves embroidery. I don’t think of it as sewing even though it does involve a needle and thread.

38. Tambra Vandal says:

Decopodge with fabric is a fun no sew project! But my latest project has been making dishwasher signs that say dirty & clean, by covering used CDs with a little batting & fabric with tacky glue.

39. Evelyna Saxon says:

My favorite no-sew project is crocheting. Making granny squares is so Zen.

40. Knitting is a favorite that I can do while watching TV or on car trips.

41. Virginia Darwin says:

I have 4 boys that I have kept up with photo albums that each one can take with them when they marry.

42. Patty says:

My favorite no-sew project is fabric collecting! I seem to be quite good at this. An easy no-sew project is to take fabric scraps, buttons, antique spools of thread, or other sewing-related objects and put them in a canning jar. Add a square of fabric wrapped around the top with twine or yarn, and it becomes a festive gift for a fellow sewer or a nice way to perk up a shelf.

43. Carol Dye says:

Creating photo books.

44. Nancy Kwisnek says:

Scrapbooking is a great creative outlet.

45. Pat Hersl says:

Didn’t know there was such a thing!

46. Roberta Schultz says:

Cross stiching and hand embroidery are my favorites. I also like to go the thrift centers, find something neat and then create it into something new. My current project (if the weather clears up anyway) involves large plastic Easter eggs that I’m going to take and mosiac with my broken coffee cups for my garden.

47. Carol Eschmann says:

Some friends and I are crocheting bags from strips cut from grocery bags. The writing turns into a neat tweed look.

48. Rosemary Griffis says:

I am very good at collecting fabrics and notions. My current project is organizing all the resources into a database on my iPad, so I know what I have when I go shopping. (What prompted this is finding two one-yard pieces and one yard-and-a-half piece of purple satin among ten huge boxes of fabric.) This book seems to be exactly what I need!

49. MARY STOTT says:

CROCHET IS MY LOVE.

50. Pam Schoelles says:

I enjoy picking and framing pictures of my two grandsons. Can’t wait to pick girly frames when my granddaughter is born in August.