Free Stuff Friday: Handmade Marketplace Edition

Welcome to another edition of Free Stuff Friday!

For the Sew News staff, this Friday is full of dogs in the office, frozen yogurt and lots of editing of Sew it All. We had a fun week welcoming writer Sharon Madsen to the office for the afternoon on Wednesday and celebrating the release of Sew it All 4 on newsstands at Fabric Bliss on Tuesday! We hope your week has been as great (and a little less busy) as ours has been!

Today we’re giving away a little package! It includes:

handmade marketplace lg 275x300 Free Stuff Friday: Handmade Marketplace Edition

• A sample 2 pack of pink and yellow Country Yarn Thread from brother! (Not pictured but great!)

All you have to do to enter to win this fun set of prizes is post your answer to the following question in the comments section at the end of this post:

What are your favorite Etsy shops? Tell us about the coolest sewing related thing you have bought on Etsy! Or, do you have an Etsy shop yourself?

We’ll randomly select one comment and announce the winner on Monday! Good luck and have an awesome weekend!

About Leah

I never thought growing up that sewing would become part of my life. My passions enveloped me into reading literature and spending hours crafting lines of poems and imagining larger-than-life stories. I loved being creative and dreamed of writing for a magazine one day. It wasn't until my freshman year of college that I came into contact with sewing and one of my current best friends, Erin. Erin and her mother taught me the importance of sewing and the freedom and creativity that comes with knowing how to sew. Throughout college, I learned everything from the basics of sewing to the huge challenge of quilting. As I graduated from the University of Northern Colorado with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communications last May, I discovered my multiple passions of sewing, crafting and writing. I am now thankful to be able combine my love of writing with my newfound joy of sewing.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Free Stuff Friday: Handmade Marketplace Edition

1. Evelyn says:

While I have looked at some Etsy sites, I haven’t purchased or sold anything on Etsy.

2. Judy says:

I’ve never bought from Etsy site but I certainly will be looking into them now.

3. Virginia Darwin says:

I’ve never bought from Etsy but I hope to start selling on this site. I am trying to help supplement our income while we have 2 boys in college and 2 still in Jr. High and High School.

4. I have bought some vintage patterns on ETSY and some supplies. I’m about to open my own shop soon.

5. Erika says:

I am not a huge Etsy person, though I have been on a few times. I love looking at purses and aprons, though, so I’ll need to head over and look. My problem is that I usually see something and think, I can make that for less than I can buy it ;-)

6. Judy says:

I had a chance to look into a couple etsy sites last night. I didn’t buy anything but came away with my creative juices flowing. I’m working on winter caps for the homeless (made from old sweaters) right now. Have a happy sewing day to everyone!

7. jackie summers says:

I bought a few crochet patterns (toys) on etsy. They have a lot great items. I have thought about selling some things. But work gets in the way of crafting enough to sell. I have donated a lot of items to an AFL and my church.

8. Tonya says:

I have never purchansed from Esty, but I do have friends that buy and sell on Esty. They have had much success. I think it is great, I look there from time to time and see many things that are very interesting.