Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sew for Summer: June/July Sew News Preview
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend and didn’t stay up too late last night watching the Olympics. I certainly did; I just had to watch the ladies rock it in gymnastics! Thank you everyone for participating in … Continue reading
Happy Friday! This Friday is actually pretty special: The Olympics opening ceremony kicks off the 2012 Summer games tonight. Held in London, the Summer games include sports such as swimming, gymnastics, soccer, basketball, tennis and so much more! Since I … Continue reading
Get ready for sewing fun! The Original Sewing & Quilt Expo Pittsburgh is next week from Aug. 2-4 at the Monroeville Convention Center, and I’ll be there teaching in the Make-It Center! I have some fun and easy Sew it … Continue reading
Have you picked up a copy of Sew it All, Volume 4 yet? It’s on newsstands for a few more weeks, and you can also purchase it from Quilt and Sew Shop. For a chance to win a prize package … Continue reading
Happy Monday and thanks for entering our Free Stuff Friday contest! We asked where you find garment sewing inspiration, and you had great answers! It turns out a lot of you find inspiration on Pinterest, which is a great resource. … Continue reading
For today’s Free Stuff Friday giveaway, we have the very cool book DIY Couture by designer Rosie Martin for Laurence King Publishing. The book includes step-by-step instructions for beginner or experienced sewists to create a custom wardrobe–no patterns needed! To … Continue reading
Hello readers, welcome to Monday! I hope it’s not too rough on you. Thank you all for participating in Thursday’s special giveaway! Thursday’s prize was this cool gadget: a Creative Textile tool from Walnut Hollow. Use for fabric applique, pressing, embossing velvet, … Continue reading