Congratulations to Butterick pattern designer, teacher and apparel expert Connie Amaden-Crawford! She’s been nominated by the United States Institute for Theater Technology for the 2013 Golden Pen Award for her book The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition (Fairchild Books). For more info about the book, check out “Cool Tools” in the current Oct/Nov Sew News, where we featured The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition. The book provides an excellent overview of the process of draping fabric to create garment patterns, including information on working with knit fabric and correcting common fitting problems. It’s a great resource to add to any sewing library!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Tank Top Pattern Pick–Rumi by Christine Haynes Patterns
- Tank Week: Lago Tank by Itch to Stitch
- Tank Week: Ella Top by Liola Patterns
- Darling Ranges Dress Sew Along, Week 2: Adding Inseam Pockets
- Tank Week: Adventure Tank by Fancy Tiger Crafts
- Tank Week: Willow Tank by Grainline Studio
- Tank Week is here!
- Darling Ranges Dress Sew Along, Week 1: Setting Sleeves
- Tony Awards Best Dressed 2017
- Crimson & Clover Train Cases Sew Along, Week 3: Attaching the Lid
Read From Our Archives