Congratulations to Butterick pattern designer, teacher and apparel expert Connie Amaden-Crawford! She’s been nominated by the United States Institute for Theater Technology for the 2013 Golden Pen Award for her book The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition (Fairchild Books). For more info about the book, check out “Cool Tools” in the current Oct/Nov Sew News, where we featured The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition. The book provides an excellent overview of the process of draping fabric to create garment patterns, including information on working with knit fabric and correcting common fitting problems. It’s a great resource to add to any sewing library!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Nora Doctor Bag Sew Along, Week 2: Double Welt Pockets
- A Look Into Steampunk: Fashion, Art & Technology
- How to Fit Pants
- Dante Basco Talks With Sew News On Cosplay & More!
- Project Runway Recap, S 16, E 9: A “Little” Avant Garde
- Remembering John Denver With Anna Zapp
- Pant Pattern Review: Thurlow Trousers by Sewaholic
- Nora Doctor Bag Sew Along, Week 1: Interfacing for Bags
- Dorm DIY: Fabric Organizers
- Pants Pattern Review: Hudson Pants by True Bias
Read From Our Archives