Congratulations to Butterick pattern designer, teacher and apparel expert Connie Amaden-Crawford! She’s been nominated by the United States Institute for Theater Technology for the 2013 Golden Pen Award for her book The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition (Fairchild Books). For more info about the book, check out “Cool Tools” in the current Oct/Nov Sew News, where we featured The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition. The book provides an excellent overview of the process of draping fabric to create garment patterns, including information on working with knit fabric and correcting common fitting problems. It’s a great resource to add to any sewing library!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- T-shirt Pattern Review: Lane Raglan by Hey June Handmade
- New Issue Of Sew News! Summer Sewing At It’s Best!
- T-Shirt Pattern Review: Gina Renee Designs Flared Tee Shirt
- How To Sew Knits: Top Tips
- Sewing with Knits: Understanding Negative Ease
- Mother’s Day Gift of a Lifetime!
- And the Winner of the Coloring with Thread Giveaway Is…
- T-Shirt Sewing Pattern Review: Inari Tee by Named Clothing
- Giveaway: Coloring with Thread by Tula Pink
- It’s T-Shirt Month!
Read From Our Archives