Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sundress Week: Jill’s Recommendations
- Sundress Week: Pattern Picks from BurdaStyle
- Travel Trio Sew Along, week 2: Self-Lining for Reversible Garments
- Sundress Week: Isla Dress Pattern by Made by Rae
- Sundress Week: Josie Dress by Christine Haynes for Sew News
- Creating Couture Embellishment: A Review & Giveaway
- Our Favorite Sundresses Of The Season!
- Favorite Wrap Dress Patterns
- Travel Trio Sew Along, Week 1: Tips for Working with Knit Fabrics
- Summer Sewing Inspiration is Here!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Game on! Check out this fun sewing competition hosted by the Independent Pattern Company Alliance! It’s easy to enter and you could win some fantastic prizes! Good luck! A fashion sewing competition produced by IPCA, themed “Ticket to Paradise” launched … Continue reading
Yes, it’s only the end of September, but Halloween is just around the corner. And if your’re like some of us, as soon as the first of October comes around decorations are up! To help you get a jump on … Continue reading
Yesterday, Jessie, Nicki and I had the pleasure of joining the Denver Craft Ninjas for an amazingly fun sewing workshop where we shared how to sew mittens from recycled felted sweaters. I can’t think of a better way to spend … Continue reading
Moiré is a fabric that has a wavy or watery appearance. Originally this watery effect was created during the weaving process, however, today it is done using a process called calendering. Calendering is essentially ironing. A piece of fabric is … Continue reading
This week is National Flower Week. I realize the week is almost over, but there’s still time to celebrate! National Flower Week is observed in the United States every year during the third week of September. During this week people … Continue reading
I’ve got mittens on my mind! This Sunday, we’re excited to be teaming up with Denver Craft Ninjas to create mittens from felted sweaters. I really like this project not only because it involves recycling, but also because the mittens … Continue reading
Rather than posting about fabric today, I thought I would change it up and tak about something pre-made. T-Shirts! A T-shirt is something nearly everyone has. Whether it’s a nice long-sleeve shirt, a casual short-sleeve shirt or a sleeveless rag that’s … Continue reading