Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Don’t Miss Out On These Exclusive Classes & Events!
- Here’s A Thank You Gift From Sew News & CME Magazines!
- Laurel Dress Sew Along, Week 2
- Ultimate Sewing Wish List + A Giveaway!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery: Preview 11: Freestanding Lace
- Veterans Day & Quilts of Valor
- BurdaStyle Cape Top
- Ginger Jean Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Touches!
- Laurel Dress Sew Along, Week 1
- Learn To Sew High Style Bags With Linda Lee
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Many of the patterns available on the Sew News site are e-patterns. These PDF patterns are designed to easily download and print on 8 1/2” x 11” paper. That said, if you are new to the e-pattern world they might … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone for participating in last week’s Free Stuff Friday giveaway. The lucky winner is Cynthia! She responded saying, “I love to use knit fabric to make t-shirts for American girl dolls. I have also made my college age … Continue reading
Game on! Check out this fun sewing competition hosted by the Independent Pattern Company Alliance! It’s easy to enter and you could win some fantastic prizes! Good luck! A fashion sewing competition produced by IPCA, themed “Ticket to Paradise” launched … Continue reading
Yes, it’s only the end of September, but Halloween is just around the corner. And if your’re like some of us, as soon as the first of October comes around decorations are up! To help you get a jump on … Continue reading
Yesterday, Jessie, Nicki and I had the pleasure of joining the Denver Craft Ninjas for an amazingly fun sewing workshop where we shared how to sew mittens from recycled felted sweaters. I can’t think of a better way to spend … Continue reading
Moiré is a fabric that has a wavy or watery appearance. Originally this watery effect was created during the weaving process, however, today it is done using a process called calendering. Calendering is essentially ironing. A piece of fabric is … Continue reading