Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sundress Week: Pattern Picks from BurdaStyle
- Travel Trio Sew Along, week 2: Self-Lining for Reversible Garments
- Sundress Week: Isla Dress Pattern by Made by Rae
- Sundress Week: Josie Dress by Christine Haynes for Sew News
- Creating Couture Embellishment: A Review & Giveaway
- Our Favorite Sundresses Of The Season!
- Favorite Wrap Dress Patterns
- Travel Trio Sew Along, Week 1: Tips for Working with Knit Fabrics
- Summer Sewing Inspiration is Here!
- And the Winner of the Sew Caroline Weekend Style Giveaway Is…
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: September 2012
September is National Sewing Month! To commemorate this, PFAFF sewing dealers across the country are partnering with Quilts for Kids charity and hosting handmade patchwork quilt donations for children who are suffering from life-threatening illnesses or are victims of abuse. … Continue reading
Waffle cloth, also known as waffle weave fabric or honeycomb fabric, is a woven fabric that has a recessed pattern created by cords running either vertically,horizontally or both, creating a square design (hence the waffle name). Waffle cloth is generally … Continue reading
Tulle is a fine, lightweight material commonly used in veils, tutus and gowns. It’s a machine-made cotton or manufactured net that has a hexahonal mesh. Soft tulle can be used to create a lacy look while stiffer tulle can be used … Continue reading
Happy Monday afternoon everyone! I hope you all had a wonderfully crafty weekend. I spent my weekend crafting with felt. I like felt because it’s easy to draw designs on and cut out, you don’t have to finish all the edges … Continue reading
Congratulations to Butterick pattern designer, teacher and apparel expert Connie Amaden-Crawford! She’s been nominated by the United States Institute for Theater Technology for the 2013 Golden Pen Award for her book The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition (Fairchild Books). … Continue reading
Good afternoon everyone! My name is Ashley Briggs and I just joined the Sew News team as an Assistant Editor. I’m on day two and so far it has been awesome! Looking through all the issues I’m finding so many great … Continue reading