Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Missed Taking An Online Class? Check Out The Latest On-Demand Webinars
- American Sewing Guild Conference 2016
- Save These Tips For Working With Knits
- Read Katrina’s Top 5 Tips For Sewing Knits (Without a Serger!)
- How To Achieve Great Fitting Garments At Any Age
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 5 Preview
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Have you ever shrunken a wool sweater in the washing machine, either on purpose or by accident? The resulting felted wool is great for stitching up lots of projects, from softies to slippers and much more! This Sunday 9/23, we’re … Continue reading
Muslin is one of the earliest cotton cloths. It originated in Bangladesh, and there is written record of its existence all the way back to the 13th century. Original muslin was not bleached or finished and had a rough, unrefined … Continue reading
Happy Free Stuff Friday! Today we’re SUPER excited to be giving away a copy of Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing by Gretchen Hirsch and published by STC Craft! If you’re a fan of Gertie’s already, you know that she’s … Continue reading
As the weather starts to get a little cooler, nothing sounds better than slipping on a warm and cozy fleece jacket or curling up under a fleece blanket. Fleece is a great fabric to work with! It’s easy to sew; … Continue reading
Taffeta dates all the way back to the 16th century. The word taffeta is derived from the Persian word taftah, which refers to a fine, plain weave. While taffeta was originally made of silk, today it can be found made … Continue reading
September is National Sewing Month! To commemorate this, PFAFF sewing dealers across the country are partnering with Quilts for Kids charity and hosting handmade patchwork quilt donations for children who are suffering from life-threatening illnesses or are victims of abuse. … Continue reading
Waffle cloth, also known as waffle weave fabric or honeycomb fabric, is a woven fabric that has a recessed pattern created by cords running either vertically,horizontally or both, creating a square design (hence the waffle name). Waffle cloth is generally … Continue reading