Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Easy Sew Holiday Stockings
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: September 2012
September is National Sewing Month! To commemorate this, PFAFF sewing dealers across the country are partnering with Quilts for Kids charity and hosting handmade patchwork quilt donations for children who are suffering from life-threatening illnesses or are victims of abuse. … Continue reading
Waffle cloth, also known as waffle weave fabric or honeycomb fabric, is a woven fabric that has a recessed pattern created by cords running either vertically,horizontally or both, creating a square design (hence the waffle name). Waffle cloth is generally … Continue reading
Tulle is a fine, lightweight material commonly used in veils, tutus and gowns. It’s a machine-made cotton or manufactured net that has a hexahonal mesh. Soft tulle can be used to create a lacy look while stiffer tulle can be used … Continue reading
Happy Monday afternoon everyone! I hope you all had a wonderfully crafty weekend. I spent my weekend crafting with felt. I like felt because it’s easy to draw designs on and cut out, you don’t have to finish all the edges … Continue reading
Congratulations to Butterick pattern designer, teacher and apparel expert Connie Amaden-Crawford! She’s been nominated by the United States Institute for Theater Technology for the 2013 Golden Pen Award for her book The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition (Fairchild Books). … Continue reading
Good afternoon everyone! My name is Ashley Briggs and I just joined the Sew News team as an Assistant Editor. I’m on day two and so far it has been awesome! Looking through all the issues I’m finding so many great … Continue reading