Free Stuff Friday!

Fall is definitely in the air, and in some places it’s starting to look and feel more like winter. So what better stylish accessory to add to your wardrobe than a scarf? Harvest Hues1 Free Stuff Friday!   Have you check out ‘Harvest Hues’ by Pattie Wilkinson in our latest issue of Sew News? It shows you how to make a beautiful scarf and decorate it using fabric paint and silk leaves as stamps.

This week for free stuff Friday we are giving away two colors of Tulip fabric paint so you can create something of your own!

1525531 Free Stuff Friday!0001775429385 180X1801 Free Stuff Friday!

Enter to win these great paints by answering this question:

Have you ever used fabric paint? If so, what’s your favorite thing you’ve painted?

Free Stuff Friday!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Free Stuff Friday!

1. Deborah Lafayette says:

Haven’t used fabric paint but would love to try it out.

2. i have never use fabric paint would love to try it and see what i can do with it

3. Janice R says:

I have used fabric as a painting medium for 35 years on halloween costumes, deco flags Xmas stuff and dolls. I love it.

4. Evelyn says:

I painted hearts on an apron.

5. MelodyJ says:

I haven’t use them yet.

6. Anna Hutchins says:

I made a childs colorbook quilt with fabric paints really cute and easy

7. I have never used fabric paint before, but would love too!

8. Paula says:

I like to tye-dye white muslim that way I have the color scheme that I want to use with the purchased materials. I will use this for purses, little girl dresses, quilts and anything else that needs a bit of color.

9. Carol K E says:

I have used fabric paints in Girl Scouts and for handprint hearts wall hangings for summer camp. The children always love painting.

10. Mary M says:

I have never used fabric paints. Something new to try. Thanks!

11. Barb Litavecz says:

I love fabric painting tee shirts for my grandkids….banners for special occasions, sweatshirts etc…..

12. Mary Mac says:

I love to use fabric paint on tote bag which I use instead of plastic bags.

13. Ha! I was just using fabric paint yesterday. I am finishing up my daughter’s Halloween costume :)

Also, the very first comment made me snicker. I think she meant “things” but hehe.

14. Audrey says:

I’ve only used fabric paint to put faces on dolls. I think the paints have improved since those days.

15. Jill W. says:

My favorite was Christmas sweatshirts I made for the kids when they were little (all grown now). We made reindeer shirts with their footprints as the body and handprints for the antlers.

16. Babs Jenkins says:

My favourite was a super slinky petticoat – but then I had to make a dress that allowed the petti to peep out ……… lots of extra work. But worth it. Dont have the petticoat any more, but do still have the paintwork cut from it.

17. Lauren A says:

I used paint to decorate a shirt with half of a huge butterfly. Loved it. It is so funny after I read this issue of sew news with the scarf, I found a silk scarf I had received as a gift from Dharma trading. I dyed it turquoise and this weekend I have plans to stamp it with fabric paint using a peacock feather stamp. So ironic! It is on my to-do list- “pick up fabric paint” on my way home tonight from work. Can’t wait to stamp!

18. Judith Mertes says:

I love to paint tshirts

19. Peggy says:

My favorite was working with Brownies to make a quilt for a retiring leader.
    The colors were gorgeous & the girls had a blast.

20. Patsi says:

Halloween & Christmas sweatshirts

21. Angela Cianfaglione says:

I painted pillow covers with a fabric paint medium and was not too happy with the results, so I love that products like this are available now.

22. Linda says:

I had a favorite tshirt that had some stains on it and I cheated by using fabric paint to put an abstract design on the shirt to cover up the stains.

23. Susan Nation says:

Yes, I have used fabric paint on T-shirts, pillows and canvas bags.

24. Roberta Schultz says:

My favorite thing are t-shirts, especially for costumes. I’ve also used fabric paint on pillows.

25. Suzanne Ripple says:

Yes, have used them on sweatshirts.

26. Jeanne says:

I painted a set of flour sack dishtowels when I was in high school. I still have them although the colors have faded now. I am sure the newer paints are much better!

27. Diana Ross says:

My favorite thing is, my grandkids handprints on an apron:) Love fabric paint! You can make so many memories with it!

28. laurie tahir says:

Yep, my favorite thongs I painted were a typewriter on a T-shirt and a sewing machine on a night shirt for my daughter