Free Stuff Friday! Win fabric from In The Beginning

fabric 225x300 Free Stuff Friday! Win fabric from In The BeginningTGIF because today you could win a fantastic 8 pack of fat quarters from In The Beginning Fabrics. This lovely pack is made up of 8 fun fabrics from their Floragraphix III collection. The teal, brown and blue hues are sure to inspire you to whip up something stylish!

All you have to do to win this lovely bundle is answer the following question in the comments section below: What’s the oldest piece of fabric in your stash?

One random comment will be chosen next week and the winner will be announced. Best of luck to everyone! Thanks for reading!

This entry was posted in Free Stuff Friday. Bookmark the permalink.

99 Responses to Free Stuff Friday! Win fabric from In The Beginning

1. Denise Garceau says:

The oldest piece is silk dupioni (I actually have several colors that were purchased at the same time) — I think I’m afraid to cut into it!

2. Jeanne Gold says:

That’s easy … my husband’s great grandmother’s hand embroidery which may be as old as a 100 years and still waiting for me to figure out how to use it!

3. LucyC says:

The oldest one is just about 10 yrs old. It’s the first fabric I bought for my first attempt of making garments!

Lucy

4. Jayne says:

May not be the oldest but a piece of white velvet from making my daughters wedding dress 15 years ago.

5. Maggie says:

I guess the oldest piece of fabric I have would be a piece I found at the Salvation Army.

6. Evelyn says:

The oldest fabric in my stash is a pastel pink floral from the 70s that was supposed to become a dress. I suspect it will end up in a quilt one of these days.

7. The oldest stash member in my box of goodies is a vintage 5yd cut of cerulean blue organza that my Great Aunt Mamie gave me when I was 14 (nearly 20 years ago). The piece is at least 50 years old. I’ve been saving it for something special…perhaps my wedding dress?

8. Erin Cumming says:

I have an inherited piece of vintage cotton with a print of kittens that I can’t bear to use.

9. Debra C. says:

My oldest fabric would be from the first dress I made my daughter. She is now 40. Only little pieces so I think I will make her a small purse. The print is back in style now!

10. I have some fabric that is at least 20 to 25 years old. I love fabric.

11. Susan Novak says:

I think I still have some scraps left from the early 70′s when I sewed clothes for my kids.

12. Tanja H says:

The oldest piece of fabric in my stash is about 1960′s. My husband is a vintage paper dealer and one of his deals was with a woman who was a fashion designer in the ’60s. With deal, we both hit the mother load!

13. valerie csmith says:

leftovers from a skirt I made more than 30 yrs ago

14. Jennifer says:

Yeah!

15. janet la rock says:

the oldest stash I have is 15 years old.

16. Robin Allen says:

I love fabric. I’ll see something I like and will buy it, with every intention of making something with it. Probably the most special piece of fabric I have was given to me by a dear friend. She had just passed away and her mother sent me the fabric. That was over 20 years ago.

17. Anna Nusbaum says:

Hmmm — the oldest piece of fabric in my stash is a lovely piece of oriental-themed fabric, possibly printed in Japan, that I purchased in Japantown, San Francisco, CA, nearly 40 years ago.

And you know what — it will become something fabulous some day!

18. Janice says:

I have a lot of cotton from the 80s & 90s when I was sewing for my daughter. Too expensive to buy all those clothes when all they need is something to cover themselves up.

19. amy mayer says:

probably some toile that i used for my daughter’s first apartment when she went to college–11 years ago!

20. judy says:

I have some fabric that my mom had that I remember seeing when I was small. Not sure how long she has had it.

21. Linda L Huddleston-Head says:

I have vintage fabric from 60′s

22. MARY STOTT says:

THE OLDEST FABRIC HAS TO BE 40 + YEARS.

23. Cindy K says:

I have this peach dress with sheer overlay that was my grandmothers when she was younger. I plan to make into something for all the grandchildren but haven’t decided what yet.
    Also I have fabric from about 1992. I used it on my girls clothes and now I plan on making clothes for their girls with the extra yardage I bought from.a store going out of business.

24. June says:

I hope that when I die a swatch of each of my 100′s of fabric are buryied with me .. I love fabric!

25. Paula says:

The oldest piece of material that I have in my stash is quilt blocks that were made by my grandmother and great-aunt. Both of these fabulous ladies passed away in the 70s so these blocks are apporximately from the 50s-60s. The blocks are absolutly beautiful.

26. Deb says:

My fabric doesn’t have dates on it so who knows!?

27. Amy Losordo says:

The oldest fabric is 30 years old. This is so much fun!

28. Joyce Person says:

41 year old satin!

29. Melinda says:

2 Yards of Quiana bought in 1974, making it, 38 years old!

30. Audrey says:

I believe I have some from 35 years ago. I do “touch” it once a year when I go through my fabric boxes. Love fabric!

31. Kelli says:

I have been sewing for about 15 years so I have some material from my first quilt.

32. Roberta Schultz says:

Hmm, I think my oldest is a scrap of Holly Hobbie from when you cut out the doll patterns. Goes back to 1975 when I was a little girl. As for a whole piece of fabric that I’ve had for 15 years.

33. Jacki McNeil says:

Fabric from a quilt my grandpa made in the 1960′s, so 51 years.

34. wandie williams says:

oh my goodness I don’t really know how long I’ve had this piece, for at least 10 years, it really out of style and I didn’t have a project in mind for it when I bought it, but it just caught my attention and I can’t ditch it! I will probably have it for another 10 years!

35. Penny says:

The oldest piece of fabric in my stash is a red fabric with stars and swirls on it that a friend gave me. It was a remnant at Joann’s…

36. Carol says:

Oldest fabric I have is 16 years old. It’s too pretty to cut.

37. Geri Mendrzycki says:

I have a piece of silk my husband purchased when he was deployed in Vietnam in 1967′ making it 45 years old.

38. Tabitha says:

The oldest piece of fabric i have is white with little red hearts and is around 35 years old.

39. Diane G. says:

I have some yardage my Mom gave me that she estimates is 50 years old. One fabric is a cowboys and Indians print, another is precious moments and I can’t remember the 3rd right now. I can’t bear to cut it!

40. Jane C. says:

A flower print purchased in the early 60s.

41. Diana Janssen says:

Kelly Green Cotton Jacquard given to me by a dear elderly friend. It has to be at least 50 years old but her memory isn’t as good as it used to be so I’ll never get the exact date. I’m still working on finding the correct project. She respected me enough to give her prized fabric and I want to honor her when I sew it up.

42. Phyl McCord says:

I bought some dragon fabric while visiting my parents in Florida in the early 80′s. I had intended to make a jacket with it…and I will one day!

43. Joyce H says:

I have a UFO, a Vogue pattern and a wool tweed, for a suit, about 1969.

44. Darlene says:

I have a piece of brown wool I bought in 1974.

45. I went to a garage sale and a lady was giving away her stash of fabric! I don’t know how old it is, but it is mighty musty!

46. deb says:

The oldest fabric I have is a 40 years old two-yard fabric passed down from my mom. She made PJs for my older brothers and curtains with it. This is a piece of my childhood.

47. Stephanie Meyer says:

The oldest piece of fabric that I have in my stash is a piece of purple silk de chine that my mother gave me. She received it from a friend who traveled and lived in the far east fifty years ago. The story is that it was purchased in Japan in the early 1960′s. It even still has the handwritten tag attached to it. Every once in awhile I pull it out and ponder what I should do with it.

48. marie barton says:

My oldest piece of fabric cannot be dated, it is a Victorian reticule made of lace and linen.
    However, I have a piece of heavy black satin that my grandfather used. He painted flowers on black satin and framed them. As he was a rancher and cattle breeder, I always thought this hobby was interesting. He probably used the satin in the 1950′s.

49. Catherine Green says:

Sadly about 1 year. I had fabric that was 80 to 100 years old. But I left a bad marriage and my husband sold or threw away everything. I had 2 studios full of fabric, notions, books, crafts etc. and 6 sewing machines including a Bernina that I paid thousands for, for a mere 500.00. Not to mention quilts from my Great-grandma’ grandma and quilts I made myself. :-(