Free Stuff Friday: Win Valentine’s Day Fabric + a Free Pillow Project!

Happy first Free Stuff Friday of 2013! We hope your year is off to a wonderful start, and what better way to kick things off than to win some cute fabric? Today we’re thinking ahead to all of the pretty projects to make in time for Valentine’s Day, so we’re giving away a bundle of sweet heart-bedecked fabric in six coordinating prints:

valentine 300x257 Free Stuff Friday: Win Valentines Day Fabric + a Free Pillow Project!

The fabric would be perfect to use for the fun pillow featured in “Love Light,” one of the free projects from the new Feb/March issue. You can even enhance the pillow by adding LED lights! Download the free tutorial for the project, which includes lots of information on working with electronic textiles.

lovelight Free Stuff Friday: Win Valentines Day Fabric + a Free Pillow Project!

And on Pinterest, we’ve also just added a Valentine’s Day Sewing projects board, where you can find lots of other inspiring ideas, like this gorgeous wreath from the blog Sew Much Ado as well as lots of other project that would be great for the fabric you could win. Check it out!

wreath 208x300 Free Stuff Friday: Win Valentines Day Fabric + a Free Pillow Project!

So, to enter to win today’s prize, answer the following question in the comments section below: What types of projects would you love to see this year in Sew News? Enter by Monday morning when we’ll select a winner at random. Good luck!

This entry was posted in Free Stuff Friday and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

183 Responses to Free Stuff Friday: Win Valentine’s Day Fabric + a Free Pillow Project!

1. Debra A. Elsner says:

I would like to see doll clothes articles.

2. Virgini Johnson says:

I would love to see bags and gifts for baby showers

3. Clem says:

I would love to see several things. More sewing things for boys of all ages and quilting things. Quilting without a longarm. I see people showing how to quilt on a regular machine but they use a small quilt sandwich and tell you to do the same thing with your large quilt. It usually does not transfer well on the larger quilt. More difficult.
    Thanks

4. Karen says:

I would love to see kids things, seasonal items, and gifts.

5. Jamie F. says:

I would love to see some tips and projects using a serger. I got one a while back and I use it A LOT but I know there is more I can do with it!

6. Merron Kay Skramstad says:

I would love to see more children’s projects as I love sewing for my grandchildren.

7. Lois Calvin says:

I would like to see more quilting and little boy’s clothing

8. Mary M says:

I would love to see more up-cycled projects. Also projects that use up small pieces of fabric.

9. Vivian Grant says:

I would love to see small projects that can be completed quickly for personal use and/or gift gift giving.

10. Cindy Amend says:

I would love to see project that use embellishment techniques, especially for purses and other accessories.

11. Sue Goodin says:

I would love to see gift type items. I’m already working on Christmas for next year. I have done this in the past but have not been very good at it for the last couple of years.

12. Dee DiGiambattista says:

I would love to see more sewing projects on making baby clothes, also home dec ideas and garment fitting.

13. M. Gallagher says:

I would be interested in seeing articles regarding stabilizers, and their uses, especially as it relates to sewing apparel.

14. Renée Ouellet says:

I love the up cycling items… Especially the household projects!!!!

15. mel says:

Bags, peasant tops, and sewing tips to make sewing easier and look more professional.

16. Alyssa L. says:

I second the comment(s) about projects for boys – I don’t have boys, but often feel like boys are somewhat neglected when it comes to sewing projects. Lots of cute dresses, but not much for boys. More upcycled projects are always welcome too!

17. JOY says:

EnJOYed seeing this issue’s tips on using different stitches. Would like to see more ways to use some decorative stitches on our machines.

18. Mary says:

I know a little girl that would love to have these fabrics used for her.

19. Janice STewart says:

I would love to see conversions, such as needle sizes, (90/11) settings on the sewing machines such as 10 stitches per inch, what to set the number to.

20. I love to see gifts for men :)

21. Diana Martinez says:

I would like to see more travel related accesories , like luggage tags, shoe sacks and others

22. Chuck says:

Some basics on using a serger — including the differences between the number of threads used for different purposes.

23. jeanne says:

Kids clothing and accessories.

24. Pingback: Free Stuff Friday Valentine Fabric Winner! | Sew News

25. sandie c says:

It would be fun to see projects that are all created in the hoop such as dolls and bears. Mostly, I would like to learn how to do projects that take two or more hoopings then connected.

26. Karen anderson says:

I would like to see more about going green and reusing clothes we already have to make new things.

27. Lesly says:

I’d love to make cute pillows

28. Judy LaScala says:

I would like to see more ways to use a serger, even general instructions reinforced would be wonderful. Also, I’m seeing some amazing printed oilcloth in the stores and would love to use it for something. Not quite sure what it can be used for or how difficult it is to work with. And I love anything for little girls, I know you have some great tips or shortcuts we can use.
    I love your confidence on the show, it makes me feel brave, too. :) Everything is “Fabulous”, but the time goes by way too fast!

29. Julie Reese says:

I would like to see projects:
    -that my daughter (7) and I can do together. She’s new to sewing.
    -things to make using flannel besides pajamas and blankets
    -serger items
    Thanks!!

30. Laura Kieras says:

I’d like to see more home decorating ideas and patterns.

31. Laura Kieras says:

I’d like to see more home decor ideas and patterns.

32. Denise Crane says:

I would love to see:
    ‘How to make fabric made Easter egg ornaments’ in the shape of eggs to decorate an Easter tree (very popular in Europe).
    To make Easter eggs, maybe use oval Styrofoam shapes and cover with vibrant multicolored fabrics attached by pins or sewn together.
    You could display the decorations on a small imitation Christmas tree and perhaps comment about the history of this unique pastime!

33. Denise Crane says:

How to make gifts for the men in our lives!