Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- American Sewing Guild Conference 2016
- Save These Tips For Working With Knits
- Read Katrina’s Top 5 Tips For Sewing Knits (Without a Serger!)
- How To Achieve Great Fitting Garments At Any Age
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 5 Preview
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 3: Construction
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: March 2013
Good Morning! We have picked a winner for Free Stuff Friday. On Friday we asked, how old you were when you first learned to sew and what was your first item. Many of you started early but there are just … Continue reading
Keeping with the theme of well dressed children, Free Stuff Friday is giving away a child size pattern from Sweet Seams. This pattern is for girls size 2-6x and is great for re-purposing items that she has grown out of. … Continue reading
Hello on this windy Monday! We have a winner for Free Stuff Friday. On Friday we asked, “What was your favorite coming of age/teen movie?” Sew News readers are definitely into the 80′s. Most of the comments were for movies … Continue reading
Got a teen in your house? Does she or he need something to do other than hang out at the mall? Are they burning through your money to buy clothes? Well, get ready for Free Stuff Friday Giveaway! This week … Continue reading
As you move out of the beginner sewing phase, your mind will start collecting all of these wonderful ideas of garments to sew. One of my all time favorite garments is a full skirt. Full skirts are so glamorous to … Continue reading
Calling All Crafters, Seamstresses, Quilters, Knitters and Crocheters! The Beans for Brains Scholarship Program is back for the fourth year! This year five students will receive a merit-based scholarship of $3,200 each to help finance their higher education. This is … Continue reading