Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Save These Tips For Working With Knits
- Read Katrina’s Top 5 Tips For Sewing Knits (Without a Serger!)
- How To Achieve Great Fitting Garments At Any Age
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 5 Preview
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 3: Construction
- Common Threads 2016
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Not that sewing those yoga pants isn’t for a good cause but, if you are looking for ways to put your sewing skills to a more charitable use Operation Slumber Party & Light Up The Night Campaign are looking for … Continue reading
We’re celebrating the first-ever National Serger Month all throughout April, sharing tips, techniques and tutorials to help you get the most out of your serger. Most sewists know that sergers are a great tool for finishing seams, but they have … Continue reading
For Free Stuff Friday Giveaway Kathy U. was randomly chosen as this week’s winner! Kathy U had a little efficiency but made room for her sewing machine after she “cleaned and cleaned”. I’m sure these new books will brighten up … Continue reading
Tomorrow I’m headed to Schaumburgh, IL for the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, where I’ll be stitching up a storm with everyone in the Make-It Center! One of the projects we’ll be making is this very fun and very simple … Continue reading
This week we’ve been busy researching a story for our upcoming June/July ’13 issue. We’re writing a 16 page expose on extreme sewists. Here’s an excerpt from this thrilling article: “You wouldn’t believe how many needles I break,” Shauna explained, … Continue reading