Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Tips For Working With Knits
- Pepernoot Coat Sew Along: Finishing Details
- Would You Sew A 1000 Dresses?
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Not that sewing those yoga pants isn’t for a good cause but, if you are looking for ways to put your sewing skills to a more charitable use Operation Slumber Party & Light Up The Night Campaign are looking for … Continue reading
We’re celebrating the first-ever National Serger Month all throughout April, sharing tips, techniques and tutorials to help you get the most out of your serger. Most sewists know that sergers are a great tool for finishing seams, but they have … Continue reading
For Free Stuff Friday Giveaway Kathy U. was randomly chosen as this week’s winner! Kathy U had a little efficiency but made room for her sewing machine after she “cleaned and cleaned”. I’m sure these new books will brighten up … Continue reading
Tomorrow I’m headed to Schaumburgh, IL for the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, where I’ll be stitching up a storm with everyone in the Make-It Center! One of the projects we’ll be making is this very fun and very simple … Continue reading
This week we’ve been busy researching a story for our upcoming June/July ’13 issue. We’re writing a 16 page expose on extreme sewists. Here’s an excerpt from this thrilling article: “You wouldn’t believe how many needles I break,” Shauna explained, … Continue reading