Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Not that sewing those yoga pants isn’t for a good cause but, if you are looking for ways to put your sewing skills to a more charitable use Operation Slumber Party & Light Up The Night Campaign are looking for … Continue reading
We’re celebrating the first-ever National Serger Month all throughout April, sharing tips, techniques and tutorials to help you get the most out of your serger. Most sewists know that sergers are a great tool for finishing seams, but they have … Continue reading
For Free Stuff Friday Giveaway Kathy U. was randomly chosen as this week’s winner! Kathy U had a little efficiency but made room for her sewing machine after she “cleaned and cleaned”. I’m sure these new books will brighten up … Continue reading
Tomorrow I’m headed to Schaumburgh, IL for the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, where I’ll be stitching up a storm with everyone in the Make-It Center! One of the projects we’ll be making is this very fun and very simple … Continue reading
This week we’ve been busy researching a story for our upcoming June/July ’13 issue. We’re writing a 16 page expose on extreme sewists. Here’s an excerpt from this thrilling article: “You wouldn’t believe how many needles I break,” Shauna explained, … Continue reading