Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
- Weekender Sew Along Starts Now! Prep & Supplies List
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: May 2013
The past two weeks the Sew News team has been sharing our impressions of the fantastic exhibit Spun: Adventures in Textiles at the Denver Art Museum. One of the exhibits that I found most inspiring as a garment sewist was … Continue reading
Another Friday is here and so is Free Stuff! Today we’re giving away the book Sewing in A straight Line by Brett Bara. This is a lovely book with fresh, modern garment projects as well as lovely home decor sewing. … Continue reading
Hope everyone had a great and long weekend, and thanks for posting your comments for the latest Free Stuff Friday giveaway. One winner was randomly picked for this prize which is Sophia H! Sophia is very organized and gets some … Continue reading
The Raised Collar Neckline The raised collar is an easy to draft collar that looks good on just about everyone. The collar gives a very slim and lengthening appearance to the neckline. It can be drafted so that it closes … Continue reading
There were so many amazing things to see at SPUN: Adventures in Textiles, at the Denver Art Museum, but the one thing that caught my eye in the first gallery I entered was this beautiful, brightly colored quilt. From far … Continue reading
Hurray for Free Stuff Friday! And for that matter, hurray for three-day weekends! For today’s giveaway, we have a bag pattern that’s perfect for the start of summer. The lucky winner will receive this super cute and clever Handy Bag … Continue reading