Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Clare Coat Sew Along, Week 2: How to Sew Welt Pockets
- BIG News for Readers of Sew News!
- Circle Skirt Styling: How to Wear a Full Circle Skirt
- Masterclass Mini-Tutorial: Draft Your Own Fly-Front Zipper
- Clare Coat Sew Along, Week 1: Choosing Wool Coating
- Sew Along with Sew News 2017
- STAR WARS: Storytelling Through Costume
- And the winner of the Signature Bags giveaway is…
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 3 Finishing Details
- Check Out Our New Issue! Plus Freebies!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Hey Everyone! If you are going to be sewing over the long Memorial Day weekend be sure to check out the sale going on at Shop Sew it All Memorial Day sale. Get $10 off of purchases of $50 or … Continue reading
I enjoy reading what others here at Sew News thought on the exhibit SPUN Adventures in Textiles at the Denver Art Museum. However, due to my severe Sewing ADHD I was having a hard time picking something to focus on … Continue reading
Our graphic designer Erin gives her spin on Spun: It’s heartening to walk through an exhibit like Denver Art Museum’s Spun: Adventures in Textiles. As a designer, I’ve long identified with the human desire for adornment – an inclination to … Continue reading
The Denver Art Museum’s new exhibition, Spun: Adventures in Textiles is worthy of many visits. 14 different curators have created textile based exhibits to explore and enjoy. As a sewist I’m drawn to tactile art. I love anything I can … Continue reading
Have you been ogling the trifle on the cover of the June/July issue of Sew News? It’s super easy to make and will impress guests at your next get together. Trifles are essentially a bit of custard, a spot of … Continue reading
Judging from the comments we have a lot of readers who love museums. If you are in the Denver area over the summer you should really check out this exhibit at the Denver Art Museum SPUN: Adventures in Textiles. It … Continue reading
The Denver Art Museum presents Spun: Adventures in Textiles from May 19, 2013 – September 22, 2013. This exhibit is the largest the museum has ever held, in terms of items, floor space and curators involved.With 10 different sections, this exhibit … Continue reading