Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sew for Summer: June/July Sew News Preview
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Happy Friday! We were lucky enough to go to a preview for a new exhibit from the Denver Art Museum, SPUN Adventures in Textiles. This exhibit runs May 19 – September 22, 2013 and is a can’t miss exhibit for … Continue reading
This week’s collar is a simple one, the Revere Collar. It’s great on a shirt where you would like a little more detail, but don’t want a collar against the back of your neck. Revere is another name for lapel. … Continue reading
Ah, so many places to go! Thanks so much for your comments again! I had fun traveling in my mind to all those wonderful places. Here’s a few that were dreamy! Jane C knew exactly where she wanted to be: … Continue reading
TGIF Everyone! And Happy Mother’s Day! In celebration of moms everywhere who enjoy the weekend whether it’s Mother’s Day or not, today’s giveaway is a Sweet Seams Weekend Bag pattern! Big enough to carry all the essentials whether you are … Continue reading
Drafting different collars is an easy way to take a basic pattern and stretch it into what will seem like many patterns. For this post and the upcoming collar posts throughout May, we will be using this pattern, Butterick 5678. … Continue reading
Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday, May 12! What better way to show Mom you care than by making her a gift by hand? Flowers are always a welcome sight on Mother’s Day, but I think being able to … Continue reading