Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: June 2013
Summer is always a great time to throw a little party or fancy soiree. One way to make it even more special is by making special handmade touches beyond the handmade invite. The book Handmade Hostess has over 35 beautiful … Continue reading
I’ve said it before. Seamstresses, sewists, crafters whatever we call ourselves are quite generous when it comes time to give to those in need. I received a email from Grace who alerted me to the wonderful effort driven by Downy … Continue reading
This lovely woman is rocking the internet on blogs and Pinterest but there isn’t much detail about who she is. However, we can surmise that she wears this tunic with a certain bit of style and wonderful flair, no? I … Continue reading
Well, I was hoping that no one would care for this giveaway and I could keep the books. Alas, there are many out there who love sewing vintage, old patterns and who would love these books as much as I … Continue reading
I love vintage anything, but especially vintage sewing patterns and books. I love looking at the patterns from the 1940′s and imagining who the woman was who originally had them. Why did she buy this particular pattern? Was it for … Continue reading
The Wide Variation Of The Shawl Collar The last collar we drafted was the shawl collar, but it was a narrow variation. As you can see in the picture below, the collar just covers the back neck seam line. So, … Continue reading