Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- #memademay2017: Half Way Through!
- Crimson & Clover Sew Along – Postponed Until May 23!
- Learn Appliqué – And Dress Up Any Garment
- Learn Hemstitching For A Vintage Look
- Tips For Using The Rolled Hem Foot
- Sew Along Schedule For May & June 2017
- Sew Along with Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness
- #MeMadeMay2017 Week2: Organization & A Look Back
- #MeMadeMay: Sewing for Myself
- And the Winner of the Sew4Home Bags and Totes Giveaway Is…
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: June 2013
Summer is always a great time to throw a little party or fancy soiree. One way to make it even more special is by making special handmade touches beyond the handmade invite. The book Handmade Hostess has over 35 beautiful … Continue reading
I’ve said it before. Seamstresses, sewists, crafters whatever we call ourselves are quite generous when it comes time to give to those in need. I received a email from Grace who alerted me to the wonderful effort driven by Downy … Continue reading
This lovely woman is rocking the internet on blogs and Pinterest but there isn’t much detail about who she is. However, we can surmise that she wears this tunic with a certain bit of style and wonderful flair, no? I … Continue reading
Well, I was hoping that no one would care for this giveaway and I could keep the books. Alas, there are many out there who love sewing vintage, old patterns and who would love these books as much as I … Continue reading
I love vintage anything, but especially vintage sewing patterns and books. I love looking at the patterns from the 1940′s and imagining who the woman was who originally had them. Why did she buy this particular pattern? Was it for … Continue reading
The Wide Variation Of The Shawl Collar The last collar we drafted was the shawl collar, but it was a narrow variation. As you can see in the picture below, the collar just covers the back neck seam line. So, … Continue reading