Sew it All Volume 6 & Free Stuff Friday

SIA6 Cover 780x1024 Sew it All Volume 6 & Free Stuff FridaySew it All, Volume 6 is hitting newsstands June 18th! We’re really excited about this issue, with so many projects from stylish to simple to perfect it’s an issue that can’t be missed!

For me, I love the maxi skirt “Great Lengths” so perfect for summer wear and the trendy tank project “Peplum Rally” would look great together.  Plus, the adorable applique sweater in “Foxy Lady” is just right for fall days.  But, with over 40 projects it’s hard to pick one or two favorites.

For Free Stuff Friday we are giving away 5 copies to 5 Sew News blog readers.  All you need to do is enter a comment below and 5 readers will be picked on Monday!

Check out the Sew it All website for more info and fun projects!

What is your favorite type of project to sew during the hot months of summer?

Post a comment below!

Sew it All Volume 6 & Free Stuff Friday

This entry was posted in Free Stuff Friday and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

105 Responses to Sew it All Volume 6 & Free Stuff Friday

1. Estelle says:

I like to make a light, breezy top in light cotton fabric for warm days!

2. Penny says:

I love to sew items that I can donate or give away. It doesn’t matter what that item is as long as someone needs or wants it.

3. Evelyn says:

Totebags and sundresses — that’s what I’m planning to make this summer.

4. mc says:

I love “Sew It All.” Can’t wait to see the new issue. Thanks for making this available.

5. lydia says:

Summer kitchen accessories and summer outfits for my girls and stocking up on my seat belt covers

6. Glenda Fay Achor says:

I love to sew love to sew things my daughters, grandchildern,great grandchildern,home, and crafts. I try to make most of my gifts

7. Gayle Evans says:

I love to sew crazy unique clothing items for little girls. I have so much fun with matching up wild fabrics and embellishing like crazy!

8. susan says:

I love to make gifts, home decorator items to freshen the house and add the personal touch to get togethers.

9. Dolores S. says:

Love your magazine and all the fun and stylish projects.

10. Ginger says:

I like to sew skirts during the summer

11. Linda says:

It’s so nice and cool downstairs in my sewing room in the summer, so I can spend hours down there sewing away!! I usually start coats or jackets for fall.

12. Kim Cassady says:

I love to sew. Can’t wait to buy this issue!!!

13. Carol Womack says:

I only work part-time during the summer, so I can go back to all the projects I started earlier in the year and make some real progress! I also like to plan Christmas projects.

14. Bobbie M says:

I love sewing one seam dress for my daughter in the summer and summer clothes.

15. Sharon Webb says:

I love all the projects in Sew News and enjoy making special projects for family and friends whether it is a personal item like handbags or decorative pillows/place mats and napkins for the home.

16. Carolyn says:

I love love love sewing summer dresses, I want a closet-ful of them! This summer I also want to perfect a shorts pattern I started working with last summer, same with a bathing suit pattern I have, and hopefully make a summer playsuit too, all using vintage or vintage-inspired patterns/styles!

17. Sue Boyd says:

I am new to sewing and at this point I want to make everything! I love all the projects and hope to learn so much in a hurry so I can get started on my new adventures!

18. BJMarley says:

I like small projects like coin purses and bags. I try to get a head start on holiday sewing.

19. Karen A says:

I do more garment sewing in the summer, quick, easy updates for my wardrobe.

20. Brenda says:

Christmas presents!

21. Judy Williamson says:

Sewing is my way to relax. I love to try new projects.

22. Cathy Lazzarone says:

With one daughter home from college for the summer and the second on summer break before her senior year of high school, I’m making several pj shorts and lots of maxi skirts. Also, we like to search through our favorite thrift store and find items to resize or upcycle — makes for some summer fun:)

23. KS Gentry says:

Love quick projects, such a sense of accomplishment in such a short amount of time. And what wonderful gifts they make for birthdays and holidays.

24. Rachel says:

Summer is when I try to get started on holiday projects. It won’t be long until gift giving time!

25. Kathleen says:

I love to sew up dates for the living room giving it an airy summer feeling. The outdoor chairs are given an update. Anything that freshens up the feeling to Summer after a long winter. Currently making curtain and duvet covers to change the bedroom to a beach house look.

26. Glenna Allenberg says:

I like sewing anything quick to make in the summer. Also like catching up on UFO’s.

27. Melissa Landreth says:

Summer is when I get most of my sewing done. I teach the rest of the year and am just too tired when I get home to do much other than what is necessary. Although, some days sewing really IS necessary.

28. Candy Lacey says:

I love that there are so many fun projects to do with my granddaughter. There are always things we can complete in a day.

29. Carol K E says:

Twirly skirts and new library book bags are the fare of the summer here. I also will have grand daughters here for 2 days each and they are looking forward to sewing with Grandma.

30. Niki says:

I love to sew beach bags for hot summer day beach trips!

31. SuZann says:

LOVE this magazine. I just wish I had all the time to sew all my projects.

32. Jaime says:

This is my first summer sewing so I don’t know what my favorite projects will be. I do plan to try and make a queen size quilt!

33. DorothyJo says:

It seems like all my summer projects are of the Haykanyu variety… (“Hey, can you make me a…,” “Hey, can you fix…,” “Hey, how hard would it be to…”)

34. Connie Bunton says:

Since I still have a day job, my sewing/embroidering is limited to weekends, so I like projects that can be done on the weekend.

35. Patti says:

I love to sew almost anything in the hot summer months! Clothes, purses, totes, stuff for the grandkids.

36. Quick and simple projects are the best, especially using lightweight fabrics.

My birthday is on June 18th so I’m going to ask for this for my birthday gift!

37. Jane Coombs says:

Probably sundresses…not too labor intensive but still stylish. I am in love with the striped dress in this month’s Sew News. I like anything that plays with the fabric in an intriguing way.

38. Kathleen says:

I will be sewing for my daughters and my grandkids. Summer dresses and shorts. I just finished a yoga mat carrier for my daughter and a swimsuit cover-up. Now I am altering uniforms and sewing on military patches for a friend of my son. As long as I can stay cool, the sewing will go on!

39. sylvia gray says:

I love to do things on shorts and denim jeans for grands.

40. Kristina Childs says:

I like to sew shorts for my kiddos and pillow cases for charity. Provided I find the time to do it.

41. Cindy Hunter says:

I like to grab my glass of iced tea ( coffee in the winter), my phone, my dog and head to the sewing room! I love sewing for others, especially kids.

42. Linda Parson says:

Love their projects!

43. Susan Trudo says:

I like to sew for my grands — right now I’m doing hooded towels. I know, it’s hot, but they all need new ones!

44. Gayle Smith says:

Pouches, totes, anything with straight lines and no fuss.

45. Gayle says:

Anything that can be finished in a few hours. Just to get the fix in!

46. Nancy Finkeldei says:

Small, easy projects that can be used for gifts…the holidays are coming!

47. I like simple projects. Things that don’t have too much detail

48. Cindy Yialouris says:

Quick projects like placemats or a decorator pillow.

49. Regina Henderson says:

I try to sew one summer dress, several bags, little girl dresses for a friend, pillows and fabric flowers while I have summer vacation before school starts back :) Sew News is the perfect magazine to get great ideas to inspire me to be creative, Thanks so much :)

50. Sue Martin says:

It all looks like fun. Fingers crossed!