Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sew for Summer: June/July Sew News Preview
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: July 2013
American Sewing Guild Conference is going on this week in Washington D.C. Here is a link to the ASG site, hope to see you there! For those lucky ones heading to Paris, be sure to check out this exhibit at … Continue reading
Did you know that the gown that will be used for the christening of the new royal baby is steeped in tradition? Of course it is, we’re dealing with the British Monarchy here. No ordinary christening gown bought at the … Continue reading
Working with silk Silk can be intimidating to work with. But, if you know a few tips and techniques sewing with silk will become your favorite fabric to work with. 1 Layout/Cutting Probably the number one complaint when working with … Continue reading
And, we have a winner! It’s nice to hear that people still enjoy wearing and making aprons. I have a couple of boring chef aprons, plain white that I always wear but I really should make up something a little … Continue reading
Whenever I think of aprons I always think of good things. Like my grandmother baking, or making a mess in the craft room. For this Free Stuff Friday the book The Best Apron Book Ever edited by Julie Johnson is … Continue reading
Hello everyone, First, you can read Andrea’s answers to your questions HERE! Or, scroll below for Andrea’s responses to your questions. I really appreciate the time that Andrea took to do our interview. Please be sure to check out Andrea’s … Continue reading
Today’s Free Stuff Friday is especially fun. You get to meet designer Andrea Schewe and get a first hand peek at two of her latest designs for Simplicity patterns! I found Andrea through Simplicity’s Facebook page and made the bold … Continue reading