Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- STAR WARS: Storytelling Through Costume
- And the winner of the Signature Bags giveaway is…
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 3 Finishing Details
- Check Out Our New Issue! Plus Freebies!
- Giveaway: Signature Bags by Michelle Golightly
- (Sewing) Year in Review + Goals for 2017!
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 2 Construction + Pocket Details
- Tell Us What You Sewed This Past Year!
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 2 Construction
- Too Blessed To Be Stressed! + New Class From Kenneth D. King!
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: September 2013
I love the minimalist designs of Natsuno Hiraiwa. She makes garments that can be worn in multiple ways by using draping, twisting and folding to create different looks from a single garment. At first look it seems a little intimidating, … Continue reading
I spent last weekend in Salt Lake City at the Sewing Summit. What a fabulous time! These ladies really know how to throw a sewing party. My flight was two hours delayed (not sure why because it was coming to … Continue reading
Afraid to sew with knits? Once you sew with knits you’ll be surprised at how easy and versatile knits are. I love sewing with knits because you don’t have to be as precise as when sewing with wovens. Fitting isn’t … Continue reading
Happy Monday everyone! Did you spend your weekend sewing? I did! Though I spent some of my sewing time teaching a few young ladies the basics of hand sewing. It was a learning experience for all of us. They learned … Continue reading
I was lucky enough to get the Fiskars Fuse Creativity System to check it out and do a little test drive. Fuse Creativity System is a die-cut/letterpress system that will let you cut and emboss a wide variety of materials … Continue reading
Stitch up this easy pleated tote bag in time to carry to the farmer’s market this weekend. I customized this bag for my friend Erin by adding a reverse applique with a machine embroidered monogram. When you’re making a … Continue reading