Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Missed Taking An Online Class? Check Out The Latest On-Demand Webinars
- American Sewing Guild Conference 2016
- Save These Tips For Working With Knits
- Read Katrina’s Top 5 Tips For Sewing Knits (Without a Serger!)
- How To Achieve Great Fitting Garments At Any Age
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 5 Preview
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: September 2013
I love the minimalist designs of Natsuno Hiraiwa. She makes garments that can be worn in multiple ways by using draping, twisting and folding to create different looks from a single garment. At first look it seems a little intimidating, … Continue reading
I spent last weekend in Salt Lake City at the Sewing Summit. What a fabulous time! These ladies really know how to throw a sewing party. My flight was two hours delayed (not sure why because it was coming to … Continue reading
Afraid to sew with knits? Once you sew with knits you’ll be surprised at how easy and versatile knits are. I love sewing with knits because you don’t have to be as precise as when sewing with wovens. Fitting isn’t … Continue reading
Happy Monday everyone! Did you spend your weekend sewing? I did! Though I spent some of my sewing time teaching a few young ladies the basics of hand sewing. It was a learning experience for all of us. They learned … Continue reading
I was lucky enough to get the Fiskars Fuse Creativity System to check it out and do a little test drive. Fuse Creativity System is a die-cut/letterpress system that will let you cut and emboss a wide variety of materials … Continue reading
Stitch up this easy pleated tote bag in time to carry to the farmer’s market this weekend. I customized this bag for my friend Erin by adding a reverse applique with a machine embroidered monogram. When you’re making a … Continue reading